Pyramaze

For anyone interested, Immortal is now out in Europe and available for download online. It didn't quite live up to my mammoth expectations but it's still a great album, I'd say on par with Iced Earth's Horror Show.

Helphyre said:
For anyone interested, Immortal is now out in Europe and available for download online. It didn't quite live up to my mammoth expectations but it's still a great album, I'd say on par with Iced Earth's Horror Show.

Yes it's quite good... I'd rate it above Horror Show, personally. 

Forostar said:
Right. The chorus is a la Blind Guardian and has terribly many vocal layers.

One of the reasons Blind Guardian is starting to annoy me, at first it was a nice novelty... now not so much.

Onhell said:
One of the reasons Blind Guardian is starting to annoy me, at first it was a nice novelty... now not so much.

I like the old school choruses with the backup vocals, like "Majesty" and "Banished from Sanctuary".

It just struck me a moment ago that Pyramaze, whether intentionally or unintentionally, have a brilliant strategy for making themselves better known. Recruiting Matt Barlow probably doubled their fan base, and it's no stretch to assume they'll gain the notice of most Tad Morose fans soon enough.

At first I was very positive about the new album, but to be honest: I take those words back.

After a few listenings I must say that I prefer their previous record. And perhaps even the debut album, despite the less production.

Those records are imho more consistent and contain less weaker tracks.

I have to admit that repeated listens have not has the same impact as hearing it for the first time.
Wasn't keen on their debut album at all though.

7 years later - Pyramaze is resurrected with a new lineup. Here's a new song:

This guy ain't as good as Barlow (well, no one is :p), but I like him more than the guy that sang before Barlow.

Wow...totally forgot about this band. They must have set the record for most vocalist changes per album release: literally a new singer every album. I thought the Barlow disc was good and I remember kind of liking the two albums before, as well. That said, I cannot remember any of their music because they completely lack a true identity. Decent studio project, though. Did these guys ever tour?

Anyway, I like this new song. The singer sounds different from the previous singers, i.e. less power metaly, more prog. It's a decent song.

EDIT: Nvm, I thought Lance King only sang on one album, not two.

I've heard some of those first two albums, never heard the Barlow one. Honestly, been so many years, I don't really remember much distinctive about these guys, beyond being a good yet typical power/prog band.

I do like this song, though.

They have a song about unicorns, so they will be featured in the next Cheesevivör.

Salt Lake City metal!

Visigoth - Dungeon Master
Take a chance, roll the dice
Is this hell or paradise?
In this land of high adventure carve your fate
Forgotten realms, magick spells
Hollowed halls beneath the fells
He’s the master of the evil in deep
He’s the dungeon master
:)

Back