Prowler

How good is Prowler on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Prowler

Only two days to vote? I'm not sure if I have the time to do all songs like this. :)

Anyway, Prowler is the song which got me hooked into Maiden. That mid piece is so fucking awesome, Clive banging the shit out of his kit at full speed and Dave's roaring solo on top of it. Classic Maiden, best song from the Di'Anno period.

A 10.

7/10 for me. A solid opener for a debut album, but not great compared to some of Maiden's better stuff. Also shows the raw sound they had.

I''ll give it 10 out of 10.
It's got everything that Maiden was about at that time.It's fast, groovy, melodic, it has that awesome creamy sound and an awesome solo of Dave.
Love it.  :ok:

It's an 8. It's quite catchy and I like the raw sound. Lyrics are weird, but they don't bother me either.

Forostar said:
Only two days to vote? I'm not sure if I have the time to do all songs like this. :)

One day to vote! It's a rush to get them all done. Afterwards the thread goes to the IMC where it belongs.

Creepy lyrics, but characteristic of early Maiden. And that introductory riff is so easily recognizable. So I give it a 6.

I've always loved this one. A great riff, great energy in this song, and the lyrics are real tacky NWoBHM. 9/10.

I hate this one, apparently being the only one to feel that way.  It's catchy in an annoying way, the lyrics are bullshit, and I don't like Paul very much either.  A 3.

9. When this one came into the speakers when I first heard it, it blew my mind even more than Aces High had done few days before. Paul's voice and the energy captured in this song makes it an instant classic and one Rock 'N' Roll's most anthemic tunes.

8/10 from me. I don't mind the lyrics, they're not very clever, but musically this song is a 9 in my book. A great kickoff on the album.

Fresh, direct, headbangingable... Everybody kicks ass here, vocals, guitars, drums and the bass comes from heaven. Even the production, I love it completely it fits perfectly with the spirit of the song (and the album) The lyrics are not brilliant but this one is well established as a NWOBHM classic, thus 10/10

10 out of 10... For me, this tune personifies the Iron Maiden of my youth...irreverent, loud, and on the edge. Many of the band's songs are able to take me back to a particular time and place in my life, but baby, every time I hear this song, I feel like getting drunk and looking for trouble...

One of the best from the debut, Paul's performance is amazing and classical Maiden sound. So nice. 10/10

P.S. : I like Metallica's cover of this song.

8/10 - I really like this track despite it having some creepy lyrics. Good opener.

Great song. I especially like that fast part (Got me feeling myself and reeling a.../Got me talking but nothing's with me...). I prefer the version from 1988 so I'll give it 9/10.

Back