Prowler

How good is Prowler on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Prowler' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'Prowler'

5 stars, straight up!
you gotta give it to the young-guns for coming up with such a blast first up. a good way to tell that they mean business.

'Prowler'

A blastering and blistering song, that´s it ! The intro is perfect, vocals and bass are perfect and Dave solo´s is perfect too. I really love this song !

'Prowler'

the best way there could be to open their debut!!
also was maiden´s first hit at the soundhouse club!!!!!!!!

'Prowler'

I don't like this version as much as I like Prowler '88. No doubt Di'anno did a better job on vocals for this song, but I like Nicko , and H, more than Dennis and Clive.

Both songs have their pros and cons. None the less, a great song, though.

'Prowler'

This song virtually explodes with energy, a great opener. IMHO Prowler '88 miserably fails to capture that aggressive vibe.

'Prowler'

what a great track to open a debut. There's a nice punky vibe to it (as to much of the other first album material) and it clearly shows what Maiden were up to in the early days. That's straight in the face Metal! 4 stars!

'Prowler'

I think Tony Iommi would have been proud if he had come up with the riff for this one. I'm really glad I have a chance to listen to a superb song like this. I even like the "classic" ending. Four and a half, was it?

'Prowler'

This song remains a favourite of mine. It rocks, and is better than the '88 version. Di'Anno gives it the more aggressive and punkish feel that makes it work.

'Prowler'

Nothing special to me, but it's extremely catchy and has a good beat. 3.5/5. Paul's vocals aren't as good as Bruce's, but I really hate hearing Bruce sing "Iron Maiden" and this song. Paul's vocals were meant for them in my eyes/ears.

Re: 'Prowler'

Prowler: this song has probably the most straightforward riffs of any iron maiden song. The lyrics are pretty shallow, about a person who likes to flash himself. The music is quite shallow as well, it lacks depth. The solo is maybe the best part of the song and there are no instumentals. In my opinion this is Paul’s worst performance for iron maiden.
I give this song 4/5 because of its catchiness.

Daily Song: Prowler

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Prowler

A great opener. I've always really enjoyed this song. The lyrics are a little creepy, but somehow it embodies early Maiden. 8/10.

Re: Daily Song: Prowler

Subpar, compared to what Maiden went on to do. Good as a debut, at least. It's not bad, but not much more.

6/10

Classic song! Open the debut like a storm. Lyrics are pretty 'dissimulated' but I can relate to that, obviously - jerking off to whatever chicks I can see. It's the real thing, girl!!! :edmetal. 9/10

K, this one currently sits at number 110 on the chart — yes, I have my Maiden playlist organized in order of awesomeness — toward the bottom of the 3-star songs.
Which I guess would make it a six.
To me, it typifies the raw, energetic sound of the album.
Lyrics are dumb, melody OK, energy level top of the charts.

I give it 7.

There's nothing much to say about it.

I really enjoy the song. Paul sings great!

That doesn't mean that the lyrics are great...  :ok:

9/10

A great song. My defining memory of this song is not realizing I'd set it as an alarm (my old alarm used to be the playlist "recently added" on my iPod) and nearly having a heart attack when the intro riff woke me up the next morning. The solo is brilliant too, imo. I wish this would get on the set more.

It's not a perfect song, but that intro as the first thing you hear on the first Iron Maiden album is class.

Back