Print Artworks on Guitar Body

Hi all,
I would like to know how to print artworks on the body of a guitar ? and also I would like to  see your Iron Maiden Artworks on your guitar if you done it. I'll print the AMOLAD skull !
And I think it's better to discuss this in a seperate topic.

Take said guitar, remove strings and knobs, use masking tape over areas like pick ups and fret board. Use paint stripper to remove paint then sand the finish clean and smooth with 180-240-320 grit sandpaper. Spray 2 base coats of desired colour on guitar using a good quality spray paint allowing 24 hours drying time between coats for paint to cure. Print out desired image on a high quality gloss paper and cut to shape. Carefully mark out on guitar where image is going to go and use a 1200 grit sand paper in said area to provide a bonding key. Use a craft glue to apply image to guitar making sure you flatten out any bumps and clean off excess glue with a damp rag. Use a non yellowing high gloss varnish spray and apply 2 final top coats allowing 24 hours between coats. For the ultimate finish, lightly sand with 1200 grit sandpaper and spray a 3rd top coat.

*Disclaimer* I take no responsibility for outcome of advice given, proceed at your own risk.

Back