Preparing for Hurricane Irma

SirRobbins

Ancient Mariner
I live in Florida and am carefully preparing for the storm. I am gathering all of my Iron Maiden memorabilia and storing it at my uncle's much safer home. I am also getting water and such but I need Maiden when I wake up and when I am in despair. lol This thing is a monster storm right now heading right at us....

Where in Florida do you live? Irma looks like a monster for sure - 360km gusts right now.

I have a friend who lives in Texas so was affected by Hurricane Harvey. I also have another friend living in Florida (near Miami) that will experience Irma.

All I can say is, be safe and don't take any chances. Any items can be replaced but make sure you and your family are as out-of-harms-way as can possibly be. Rumors are the storm is the second most powerful the Atlantic has ever created.

Last edited:
And, for the love of Bruce, if you have a place to go that is outside of the likely path, leave now. Do not wait for an evacuation order. If you live in a populated area or have to pass through a populated area, the evacuation may restrict your ability to leave.

Hurricane Irma is the most intense Cape Verde-type storm ever; it has reached sustained winds of 295 km/h and gusts of 360 km/h. If you are in the direct path, assume your house will be destroyed.

I know my pad will likely be ruined. I am in the Audio video industry and will be covering the storm with a camera for a local station.... I'll be fine but I have a feeling I'll come home to ruins.... I'm in central part of the state which is where it's expected to go... We had severe damage in 2004 when Charley crossed the center of the state and it was only a category 2 when it reached us. This will be at least a 4 when it gets us.... ugh... :goodbye:

I am in the Audio video industry and will be covering the storm with a camera for a local station.... I'll be fine but I have a feeling I'll come home to ruins.
Hurricanes can kill. Please set up in a place that is unlikely to have debris or flash flooding. If it feels too dangerous, GTFO.

174437_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Current forecast from the National Hurricane Center. Looks brutal.

It will tear the islands apart.... I'll be in a good spot. Parking garages are strong structures and survive all hurricanes plus if water levels start, you can only go up in them

I shouldn't laugh, but...
:applause::lol::lol: :okok:

In all seriousness, stay safe. Get to somewhere safe. I've got family down there as well (Orlando and Tampa) and wishing everyone the best.

120029_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

NOAA now predicting landfall on the southern tip of Florida. Florida Keys are going to get hit for sure, and it looks like it will impact Miami quite intensively. My aunts and uncles living in Cape Coral have evacuated. They have trailers. They may not have trailers this time next week.

Take care, man. Like Loosey said, don't fuck with the elements and get away if it gets too bad.

And if it won't be any bother, please let us know you're all right afterwards.

Back