Phantom of the Opera

How good is Phantom of the Opera on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I gave it a 7 as well.  Poor production really pulls this one down.  I don't think I've ever listened to this song fully without losing focus.  I do see its potential, its early roots in prog Maiden and I understand why people rate it highly.

The early Maiden epic. Still, one of the 10 top Maiden songs, imo, easily. Very tight composition (as the entire album is by the way), excellent lyric theme. Thus, 10/10

10 out of 10... This tune has the same effect on me today as it did almost 30 years ago, and has remained in an otherwise rotating personal top 5 for that entire time. It is quite simply the most adrenaline producing song I've ever heard... by the end of it I'm in a sweat.

Steve Harris is the man. Wrote this piece while in his early twenties.

I discount the production. Obviously it is the greatest flaw of this album, but it doesn't necessary mean the songs are bad because of this. Judging the song by itself, it's a perfect 10. One of the best songs ever of Maiden, period.

Best song from the debut. I saw Maiden only once (exactly 2 years ago - 10.02.2009.) and I enjoyed this song the most. I prefer LAD version, but nevermind. 10/10.

Well, well, well. First true epic, first progressive rock/metal staple of Iron Maiden.
I give it a 9, it's still not up there with the top class. And, the heavier/slower playing they do now really benefits the song.

8. I'm not so crazy about this song like most seem to be. It's great song, and I really like listening to it.

Pure epic. The best on the album and probably the Paul era. 10/10

"If you don't like this song, you don't like Iron Maiden." One of the greatest songs of Maiden, pure epic. 10/10.

An easy 10 ... a graet epic.  You can really see the massive potential in the band from this one song.

10- Tied with Hallowed as my favorite Maiden song.  I don't know how you could be a Maiden fan and not love this.  Proggy, heavy, fast, slow, melodic, incredible bass lines, amazing vocals, shredding guitars, this is in many ways THE Maiden song.

I dont care if im to be stoned to death for not conforming with the norm but its never clicked for me why this pushes 10 for most. at least 4 off this album alone are better than it for me. I just cant see anything too special in it, the guitars are ok but i hear better throughout the discography. it isnt one of pauls greatest moments and even live i only think its... ok
6/10

10/10. Maiden's first true masterpiece. A roaring song, with great bass from 'Arry, riffs, and powerful vocal performances from both Paul and Bruce respectively.

Back