Paul Di'Anno

Up close and personal footage from the Japanese wheelchair gig:

There's nothing more epic than slowly wheeling onto a stage while a roadie places your feet out of harm's way to kick off a metal concert.

Up close and personal footage from the Japanese wheelchair gig:

There's nothing more epic than slowly wheeling onto a stage while a roadie places your feet out of harm's way to kick off a metal concert.
That lead guitarist rules! And Genghis Khan!!! Cool.

Ai, I opened it on YouTube and a certain song from the current Maiden tour (from the Chicago gig!) appear next to it. :/

That lead guitarist rules! And Genghis Khan!!! Cool.

Ai, I opened it on YouTube and a certain song from the current Maiden tour (from the Chicago gig!) appear next to it. :/
Sorry that happened to you! Very difficult in the age of internet to remain spoiler free. Somehow I did for Star Wars Force Awakens, don't know if I will be able to for next film.

A singer in a wheelchair, still over reliant on 30 year old material from his first 2 albums, who cant keep a career going without his more talented ex-bandmates. Sure Ive seen this before somewhere.....

Roses-large_trans++qiUuvBizZT2q34Osm0tNw-MRrD_tVI4Z5jn9JBofS34.jpg

More info about Paul's health condition from Architects of Chaoz FB page:

Dear fans, friends and family of the A.o.C.!
We want to give you a short update about Paul's physical situation.
At the moment Paul has got a shadow on his chest and lungs and a problem with his lymph nodes.
Moreover he has a total arthritic break down with his legs.
He will stay in hospital for a long period of time to get everything checked!
We will keep you updated as soon as we've got more detailed informations.
Cheerz,
Your A.o.C.

He must be pretty desperate if he wanted to tour in such condition. It may be his main source of income nowadays... That's sad. I'm not a Di'Anno fan, but I hope he gets well.

Anyone ever read an interview that explains why the LPs with Paul (IM & Killers) did not print the lyrics with the packaging, yet when Paul left the band and Bruce joined, TNOTB, then Maiden starts printing the lyrics. Was it Bruce's idea to start printing lyrics?

I assume the lyrics were found to be better on Beast and later albums. Thus more worthy to print them.

I assume the lyrics were found to be better on Beast and later albums. Thus more worthy to print them.
That is usually the reason most bands give. Roger Waters said that in an interview I read about Dark Side of the Moon. He said that was the first LP where he felt proud enough of the lyrics to print. I met Phillip (singer for LA Guns) on their first tour and asked them why he did not print lyrics and he said they were not of earth shaking importance.
What these bands fail to realize is the #1 reason we want the lyrics printed is...so we know what the hell the singer is saying! Sure, if the lyrics are quality I will study them, but first I need to know accurately what is being sung.

Also, perhaps if Maiden did print the lyrics with the first two LP's, perhaps they would have been more accessible to newer fans because, then we would have known better what Paul was saying. I bought them back in 1983 after POM released and I liked the music and wanted to get into the songs more, but had a hard time understanding Paul (sometimes). Then I bought the songbook with the Trooper on the cover that had the sheet music for the first four LPs. Then I had the lyrics and was better able to get into the songs.

In other words, if the first two LPs had lyrics sheets, would NA headbangers better embraced the band BEFORE Bruce joined if they knew what Paul was saying?

The band was embraced a lot before Bruce joined. Not sure if printing the lyrics would have mattered much, hard to say.

Back