Past members can any one help identify who apart from Steve and Dave is in this pic.

stavo1001

Prowler
Rare pic of Maiden taken in Berwick upon Tweed on Pier Road I think the year is 1978 but could someone please name other members other than Steve or Dave?

IM,.jpg

This is the timeline of band members from Wikipedia:

ede2680ae391d63c0a3bf20a9aef2c3e.png

Is Dennis Stratton the tall guy in the middle perhaps?

What's the source of the photo @stavo1001 ?

Tony Parsons, guitarist, middle right (next to/behind Steve). Steve "Loopy" Newhouse, roady, middle left (next to/behind Dave.

Also: Loopy was in a pre-Maiden band with Paul Di'Anno:
outside_maiden1.JPG

Tony Parsons, predecessor of Dennis Stratton, joined in September 1979 and stayed in the band for just over two months. Did perform with the band on the BBC's Friday Rock Show (later included on the BBC Archives album). Parsons left just a few weeks before the band signed their contract with EMI in December 1979.

Another pic with Parsons. And Doug Sampson on the left.
dougsampson2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. I found the exact spot on that road on streetview:
Berwick upon Tweed on, Pier Road, May 2015:
https://www.google.pl/maps/@55.7671...4!1s-ggv_Jld2HSSezp8XA3lhA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

They were heading to (looking straight at) this:
https://www.google.pl/maps/@55.7671...4!1s-ggv_Jld2HSSezp8XA3lhA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I esteem that they were on their way to their Aberdeen gig on the 1st of November. @CriedWhenBrucieLeft @Black Wizard @Niall Kielt

Yes. A historical date! The day of Maiden's first Scottish gig!
01-Nov-1979 Aberdeen, Scotland – UK
Ruffles
scotland.gif
uk3.gif

1979-11-01_t.jpg

Last edited:
Is that all? No higher heartbeat frequency? Maiden to Scotland! First time! Taking their last stop before they cross the border.

But this must be a photo of the band on their way to that very gig. Cool that @stavo1001 knew the location of the photo. Combining this info with the line-up and the band's tourdates, we can conclude this feat. I don't think there are that many photos (bar some concert photos) from the seventies dated to an exact date and place. This must be such a rare occasion.

Wow thanks for the reply's! I know the exact spot this was taken as its about a mile and a half from my house! they stopped in the Ness Gate Hotel which is only a few yards from where pic was taken, it is no longer a hotel but a residential house.
He's a pic of Bruce standing on a bag of malted barley which is produced by Simpsons Malt in Berwick on Tweed who I work for! we send the malt to Robinsons Brewery who then turn it into Trooper Beer just a bit of info you maybe interested in.bruce.jpg

Back