Park avenue leads to...

desultory

1-2-3-compassion
SKID ROW...

I can not seem to find any threads on this top shelf band, well they are for me at least.
I used to be a big fan of this band in my teens, the debut and Slave to the Grind in particular.
Then grunge and alternative music, indie etc came along and Skid Row disappeared completely from my view for many years.
A smudge of years ago I finally heard their third album Subhuman Race, an album I had been vaguely aware of, but never really bothered to check out. Suffice to say it clicked with me in a way I never imagined.
Fast forward to this day and age, I now own Subhuman Race on regular CD, the japanese slipcase version with obi, the vinyl of it and all the related singles and promos. A bit overboard, perhaps.
This is the only band besides Maiden and Bruce where I seem to get slightly, erh, "fanatic".
Now all I wanted to see was if there were other Skid Heads here besides me? And if not, throw out a recommendation for this band and especially Subhuman Race.
Cheers.

Last edited:
They were a great band. Slave to the Grind is a fantastic CD, and Subhuman Race is much better than people give it credit for. The debut is a little too glammy for me, but it has some very solid songs intermixed with all the lame makeupy hair tossing. I used to play in a band that covered the song "Slave to the Grind", what a killer tune.

Also, if you have not heard Sebastian Bach sing Maiden's "Children of the Damned", I urge you to look it up. It's stellar.

Cheers, I have had the pleasure of Bach's rendition. Very nice, indeed. Bach seems like a tosspot on most occassions, but a fine singer he was/is.

Back