"Out of the shadows" rules.

benlondon

Prowler
Hi I'm new here but not a new Maiden fan.  Anyone think "Out of the shadows" is one of their very best songs?

I agree with "the troll" on this one. The song is nothing special, it's got the exact same melody as Wasting Love (i.e. you can play the Wasting Love arpeggio over the verses, it fits perfectly). I don't care much for the lyrics either.

Ranko said:
I agree with "the troll" on this one. The song is nothing special, it's got the exact same melody as Wasting Love (i.e. you can play the Wasting Love arpeggio over the verses, it fits perfectly). I don't care much for the lyrics either.
That type of thinking makes El Dorado Jan's weakest solo. Agreed 100% but I do enjoy AMOLAD

Eddies Wingman said:
Well, I am not that impressed with that solo. He has done better, many times, also on this most recent album.
I was just pointing out that his solo in ED and BTATS are almost identical

I personally think Out of the Shadows is a pretty good song. Not the best or the worst on the album. I do like the mix of acoustic and electric guitars, though.

Don Dokken said:

Where do you see it?! :huh: I know how to play both and I can't see any identical phrases or licks.

Don Dokken said:

I was aware of your point. My point was that even if that similarity wasn't there, the solo isn't that special (and I don't think his BTATS solo is among his best either).

Back