Orson Scott Card

Lib

Ancient Mariner
Orson Scott Card, the author of the Book The seventh son is talking about the legend of the seventh son of a seventh son on a video.

[a href=\'http://a1110.g.akamai.net/7/1110/5507/v001/bookstream.download.akamai.com/5507/bw/bs/0312864833/b2/default_qt.htm\' target=\'_blank\']Here and choose the 'seventh son' video[/a]

I'm very interested by this interview. I'm a fan of The tales of Alvin Maker series. [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
But I don't understand everything...

If someone have some time to lose for me, I should be very happy to have a transcription of it. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (and maybe other non-english guys)

It's quite short (40 seconds)

Many thanks !

I don't have the time to transcribe it, but he talks about the seventh son of a seventh son being a character of American folklore who is supposed to have healing powers. He also talks about getting messages and visits from seventh sons of seventh sons who are in the healing business, and that the myth is apparently still around. Scott Card himself doesn't believe that these people have greater healing powers than anybody else, but are more confident.
In his story, the seventh son is a bit more powerful, with his brothers all still being alive, and his birth already suggesting his future powers.

Thanks for the link! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for this first approach !

Note that I'm not in any hurry to have the transcription. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I understand that it's a long work. [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I may find the ten minutes tomorrow [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back