3: Still Life
4: Blackwater Park
5: Damnation
6: Heritage
7: My Arms
8: Deliverance
9: Orchid
10: Morningrise

I saw them play on their latest tour and it was a wonderful show. Definitely had a lot of Heritage songs, but they sounded much better live. Also, they played Ghost of Perdition, so the setlist would have been fine no matter what else they played.

I have just gotten into Opeth over the last year or so, and it has been an incredible journey. Currently, I think Ghost Reveries is my favorite album (but that could change depending on which one I listen to next).

You're correct in saying that Ghost Reveries is the best one. I'm also really into Watershed lately.

Heritage songs were definitely better live, they had more power. Ghost of Perdition and Deliverance were the two highlights for me though.

That might be my favorite outro of all time. Definitely my favorite Opeth moment. The crazy thing is that it was even more awesome live than in studio. I got so excited when they started that part, it was amazing.

Haha, I didn't even notice that, I was so focused on them. The lighting was intense during BWP Though.

I missed them on their most recent tour, unfortunately. But I've seen them three or four times and they've never disappointed. Last time was their Heritage tour with no growly songs, which was a great atmosphere. Damnation is one of my favorite records of all time, so I didn't mind the lack of death metal for a change.

I can't wait for autumn so I can listen to Opeth the way it is meant to be enjoyed -- with the smell of burning leaves.

IMO Opeth was the best when mixing progrock, progmetal, death metal, growls and cleans. For Heritage they got rid of 3 of those elements and it just doesn't work.

By all-growls show, I meant, songs that have just growls and songs where they mix them with cleans :p I don't think there's enough songs without cleans to make a setlist.

Heritage is different, I like it. I'd rather them do something else than work with a style they're not interested in.

I know what you meant so I stand by what I said.

I also like Heritage, though I would not be pleased to see the band proceed with the same sound of the next album or two. It's not that I don't like the songs, I just cannot stand the production. The 70's prog rock sound strips the band of dynamic highs and lows, which, for a band known for their dynamics, is almost criminal.

I also miss the growls, but I'd rather Mikael continue to write songs he enjoys than to play something just because it's what people expect.

I agree with MrKnickerbocker. But I don't miss the growls, I just want the band to be a little heavier. Not the pure on riffing kind of heaviness, but middle parts of Harlequin Forest, Ghost of Perdition, Face of Melinda heaviness with mostly a Damnation feel. I loved Heritage, it was a great homage to 70s prog which is my favorite era of all anyway.

Good to seek another Opeth fan here. Love Knick's posts lately, but his critique of the production on Heritage doesn't bear scrutiny. At least on the CD, the dynamic range is much greater on Heritage than on Opeth's previous albums, though one could attribute that to the CD mastering process more than the production. See this link. Yet even on vinyl, the dynamic range on Heritage is the highest of any Opeth album. So, even if you don't like the production style, which is purely subjective, the critique that it stripped the album of its dynamics just isn't correct. (By the way, does anyone have any Opeth on vinyl?)

As for the music itself, I don't miss the growling, and I like pretty much everything about Heritage (especially the Rainbow tribute, "Slither"). For the next album, my wish is for a return to a bit heavier, more melody driven music--with clean vocals, please.

EDIT: And count me among those of you that think "Harlequin Forest" is one of the greatest pieces of music ever. My favorite Opeth track.

I also miss the growls, but I'd rather Mikael continue to write songs he enjoys than to play something just because it's what people expect.
This. I don't understand why anybody would want him to do a style he's not interested in.

As for the music itself, I don't miss the growling, and I like pretty much everything about Heritage (especially the Rainbow tribute, "Slither"). For the next album, my wish is for a return to a bit heavier, more melody driven music--with clean vocals, please.
I'd be very happy if the next album was like that. Something like Watershed would be nice.

Also a big fan of Harlequin Forest, definitely in my top 5. I've said before that Ghost Reveries is by far the best Opeth album, they got everything right with that one.

Harlequin Forest would've been much better if it ended before the 07:19-07:45 part which is truly awful.

Since we all have different opinion on Opeth's future/past :p, let's try this - favorite songs per album:

Orchid - Forest Of October
Morningrise - Advent / The Night & The Silent Water
My Arms, Your Hearse - April Ethereal
Still Life - The Moor / Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park - The Drapery Falls / Blackwater Park
Deliverance - Deliverance / Master's Apprentices
Damnation - Closure / To Rid The Disease
Ghost Reveries - Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Watershed - The Lotus Eater
Heritage - The Devil's Orchard

I like that part a lot.

Orchid - In Mist She Was Standing