OPETH SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!

Kinda rethinking it, honestly, based on the fact that we're about to see a Top Ten without a single Still Life song - a ridiculous notion. Melinda is one of the weaker ones left here, but you people voting for The Moor (and anyone that contributed to the death of Serenity Painted Death) are breaking my heart.

Hooray. Chicago comes to its senses.

It's true. I just polled all of Chicago and they unanimously agree that the song is overrated.

Kinda rethinking it, honestly, based on the fact that we're about to see a Top Ten without a single Still Life song - a ridiculous notion. Melinda is one of the weaker ones left here, but you people voting for The Moor (and anyone that contributed to the death of Serenity Painted Death) are breaking my heart.

Still Life as a whole is excellent and contains no weak tracks. However, no individual track is strong enough to be in my top 10.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 23:
The Grand Conjuration - 5 votes
A Fair Judgement - 4 votes
Eternal Rains Will Come - 4 votes

Top 10 begins!
Compared to last time, Eternal Rains Will Come drops out of Top 10 while The Devil's Orchard makes its return.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 23:
The Grand Conjuration - 5 votes
A Fair Judgement - 4 votes
Eternal Rains Will Come - 4 votes

Top 10 begins!
Compared to last time, Eternal Rains Will Come drops out of Top 10 while The Devil's Orchard makes its return.
That's the only difference? Sad.

Not a good top 10.

Last edited:
Moor
Melinda
Orchard

The only song that doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 in my book is Devil's Orchard. Definitely the most well-written song on Heritage, though.

Ghost Of Perdition
Harlequin Forest (this one fell in my rankings a bit, few rounds earlier I would've voted for Windowpane)
The Devil's Orchard

I'm the only one voting for Drapery Falls? Damn. Great song, but not as great imo.

Had to make a choice between Moor, Melinda, Windowpane and Harlequin Forest to make sure my vote isn't wasted, opted for Harlequin.

Of the remaining songs, my ranking would go like this:

1: Ghost of Perdition
2: Deliverance
3: Bleak
4: Blackwater Park
5: Face of Melinda
6: The Drapery Falls
7: The Moor
8: Harlequin Forest
9: The Devil's Orchard
10: Windowpane

Every song is top ten worthy though. Glad to see Devil's Orchard reclaiming its spot over Eternal Rains.

Also I can say now with confidence that Bleak has been dethroned from my #1 spot.

Back