OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Wait, are maiden playing anymore shows this year? Like maybe a uk tour? It was rather pointless that they did a final frontier tour and ended it just when the album came out and only played 1 song off the album, It was more like a pre-album tour. The real final frontier tour should probably start in November or December with a set full of new songs.

I'm very disappointing that Maiden is talking about only performing 5 or 6 songs off The Final Frontier on the next tour. A Matter of Life and Death was great to hear live in its entirety but The Final Frontier is such a phenomenal album that it MUST be played in its entirety. Don't get me wrong, I love classic Maiden, and I still love classic Maiden more than new Maiden and I know they can't please everyone but this album is just an absolutely phenomenal masterpiece.  :rocker:

5 or 6 is a decent number.  We can expect the two radio songs.  I hope Bruce can hold his voice in shape for TFF songs; he did a spectacular job on the album.

since this album is thier bestseller they might consider doing the whole thing live

I wouldn't bet on it.  They played the last one live, because they decided it was too awesome not to at their first listen all the way through (IIRC). 

I'd bet we will see something more like DOD.  4-6 new songs, then a mixture of everything else.  Probably heavier on their more recent stuff (DOD, BNW).  FOTD is almost a given at this point (IMO).  A few 'classics' thrown in-- Foro could tell you what, statistically, would most likely.  I'd guess The Evil That Men Do, Hallowed, Iron Maiden.

They never leave out Iron Maiden, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark.  I'd love a mix of their reunion albums since I heard only a couple songs live between BNW and DOD.

im not saying it will be. I'm saying it might cross thier minds now that the album is a huge hit.

Dear mighty space coyote, please let Maiden let Fear of the Dark take a break for one tour.

Signed,
A fan who loves Maiden and has seen Fear of the Dark 4 times live, which is as much as he's seen any iron maiden song except "Iron Maiden"

How about this:

Abandon 'Iron Maiden', 'The Number Of The Beast', 'Fear Of The Dark', 'Wrathchild' and 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' for good, and don't add 'The Trooper', '2 Minutes To Midnight', 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Can I Play With Madness' again.

I've only seen Maiden once, but I can see how Fear of the Dark would get old. It was great the first time, but I don't think subsequent times would be as special. Hallowed, on the other hand, I don't think I would ever get tired of. I can't see them ever taking it off of the setlist, and i'm very happy about that. If I ever see a show with Hallowed and Phantom together, I will die a happy man.

Cap Maronis said:
Dear mighty space coyote, please let Maiden let Fear of the Dark take a break for one tour.

No dice. Fear of the Dark is the one song I am looking forward to hearing of all the classics. Not even joking. I could live without any of the other songs, but I needs me some fotd.

I hope - and think - they will make Blood Brothers a staple now. It was the highlight of several concerts this summer, it obviously works tremendously well live. I also think These Colours Don't Run will be heard more often in future tours. It could be a sort of an anthem for 2000's Maiden.

I'd far rather see Coming Home become the staple ballad, rather than Blood Brothers. I think BB will be given a rest, just because of Coming Home, as was previously stated.

Back