Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Jeffmetal said:
I think there's a lot of exaggeration saying this is the best Maiden album.

A new album has been the best for me, since BNW (with the exception of DOD).  That's because I try not to look critically at a new album from the get go.  I wanna enjoy all its bits, kind of like seeing an action movie that you know before seeing it that'll be highly unrealistic with plot holes.  Until further notice TFF is my fave album.

Looking at these lists makes me feel that I and select few are the only ones that really appreciate The X Factor  -_-

EDIT: I only feel that Piece of Mind and Powerslave edge The Final Frontier out just by a bit.

Instrumentally, X Factor is GREAT, but after hearing Bruce sing the songs from it live, I SO BADLY wish he was on all of it. I still enjoy Blaze's vocals though.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Instrumentally, X Factor is GREAT, but after hearing Bruce sing the songs from it live, I SO BADLY wish he was on all of it. I still enjoy Blaze's vocals though.

I honestly never prefered Bruce on Blaze/Maiden material. As amazing as Bruce is I simply feel that each vocalist should stick to their era of the band. I never liked Bruce covering Blaze or Paul, and I feel the same way about Blaze covering Bruce and Paul. Of course, this is justifiable when Bruce is covering the "staples" such as Wrathchild and Running Free.

So, even though Bruce may sound better than Blaze on the Blaze songs, the reason you don't like it is because you feel that each singer should stick to their own era? Or, do you honestly think that Blaze sounds better than Bruce on the Blaze songs?

I'm saying that Bruce and Blaze just can't cover previous eras. Each vocalist is just too unique to be covered by someone else. Blaze has a deep, powerful, low voice. Bruce is a human air raid siren! And Paul has angry, raspier vocals that Bruce can't reproduce live.

Blaze sang both material and only did well on his own era songs, Bruce singing Blaze is better than the original, but Bruce singing Paul never matched the original.

Jeffmetal said:
Blaze sang both material and only did well on his own era songs, Bruce singing Blaze is better than the original, but Bruce singing Paul never matched the original.
I'm in total agreement with you on that except I think Bruce sings Purgatory better on the "Please take me away" part.
Anyway, back on topic. My favorite song still remains The Talisman. WOW! It's amazing! And makes me feel like I'm on that ship and dealing with the storm myself.

I love the talisman but it is my least fav epic on the LP. That is saying alot.

It's quite difficult for me to pick a definite favorite. Instead, I will list the songs that I prefer the most.

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother of Mercy, Coming Home, The Talisman, Starblind, and When the Wild Wind Blows are my current favorites off of this record.

Genghis Khan said:
Despite its mysterious disappearance, I'd guess SIT would fit at #7.  ;)

No, not at all!! I fucked up à la Spaceballs and forgot the 7
Ok so the updated -including 7- list would be:

1. Powerslave
2. Seventh Son
3. Iron Maiden
4. Brave New World
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Piece Of Mind
7. AMOLAD
8. The Final Frontier
9. Killers
10. Somewhere In Time
11. Dance Of Death
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. No Prayer For The Dying
14. The X Factor
15. Virtual XI

Changing the list a bit:

Piece Of Mind
Powerslave
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Killers
Brave New World
The X Factor
Iron Maiden
Somewhere In Time
The Number Of The Beast
Dance Of Death
The Final Frontier
Fear Of The Dark
Virtual XI
No Prayer For The Dying
A Matter Of Life And Death

1)  Piece of Mind
2)  Number of the Beast
3)  Powerslave
4)  Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
5)  Iron Maiden
6)  Killers
7)  Somewhere in Time
8.  Dance of Death
9)  Brave New World
10) The Final Frontier
11) A Matter of Life and Death
12) The X Factor
13) Virtual XI
14) Fear of the Dark
15) No Prayer for this Album

I have no idea why a smiley has taken place of my eight      {  Edit:  . for )  }

Big picture ranking for me looks about like this-

1.  Piece of Mind
2.  Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3.  Somewhere In Time
4.  The Number of the Beast
5.  Iron Maiden
6.  Killers
7.  Powerslave
8.  The Final Frontier
9.  A Matter of Life and Death
10.  Dance of Death
11.  The X Factor