Official Tennis thread

Indeed. Lisicki really struggled with nerves today (which was a shame), I just hope tomorrow's final sees both players handle the occasion & play their best. It's meant to be 30C tomorrow too, so a five set match would be epic! Canny wait! :D

I'm not watching it! Sacrilege, I know, but I'm not into tennis, and it's too nice to stay indoors. I could try to hijack someone else's wi-fi connection outdoors, I guess.

Another fucking BBC montage!!
It can only mean Murray is two sets up! :D
It's either going to end in a devastating five set defeat for Murray, or...

Viktor Troicki doesn't show up for a blood test, because they told him he can show up the next day, but turns out he can't. Gets suspended, first for 2 years, later reduced to 1 year + ALL points are taken away from him. He isn't even allowed to watch Davis Cup final from the stands, and ITF asked for his photos to be pinned everywhere on the venue so that he can't get in (as if no one knows who he is in his home country...).

Marin Čilić positive on doping test. Suspended for 9 months, later reduced to 4 months, no points taken away.

Fuck logic, fuck ITF.

He said he asked some woman from ITF who was conducting the test if he can take the test the next day cause he wasn't feeling well. She said yes. She was obviously wrong, cause he got suspended.

The woman was wrong indeed.

I think that the question itself can be seen as suspicious behaviour as well. If a taker knows exactly when the doping wears off (detecting wise) one day later could be a huge difference.

That was the best match of women's tennis I've watched for a long, long time. A final that went the distance and lasted for three hours. The Grand Slam finals usually consist of Serena Williams screaming her opponent into submission in two sets.

Anybody watching the French Open? Djokovic leading 2-0, Nadal on the way to his only 2nd ever French Open defeat.

And on the women's side, Ivanovic is suddenly doing well again after years in the wilderness. Are we heading for a Serbian double?

(Nah, Serena probably takes it.)

Back