Official Star Trek Thread

AMC has a promo running where if you buy tickets online to Star Trek Beyond, you get a free digital copy of either Star Trek or Star Trek Into Darkness from the website of your choice.

Good news on the new TV series for those outside of the US

CBS' upcoming "Star Trek" series will be streaming exclusively on Netflix in 188 countries, the network and the service announced on Monday. Each episode will be made available globally within 24 hours of its premiere in the U.S.
Now, before you get out your Starfleet uniform and turn on your Netflix subscription, there's a catch: The new series will not be available on Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) in the U.S. and Canada.
Instead, the series will be streamed on CBS' paid streaming service, CBS All Access, in the U.S., and by Bell Media in Canada.
With the deal, Netflix will now also have all 727 episodes of past "Star Trek" series like "Star Trek: The Original Series," "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," "Star Trek: Voyager," and "Star Trek: Enterprise."

Good news on the new TV series for those outside of the US

CBS' upcoming "Star Trek" series will be streaming exclusively on Netflix in 188 countries, the network and the service announced on Monday. Each episode will be made available globally within 24 hours of its premiere in the U.S.
Now, before you get out your Starfleet uniform and turn on your Netflix subscription, there's a catch: The new series will not be available on Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) in the U.S. and Canada.
Instead, the series will be streamed on CBS' paid streaming service, CBS All Access, in the U.S., and by Bell Media in Canada.
With the deal, Netflix will now also have all 727 episodes of past "Star Trek" series like "Star Trek: The Original Series," "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," "Star Trek: Voyager," and "Star Trek: Enterprise."
So that's why when I went to cbs website to watch the latest episode of Zoo, all the older Star Trek shows were listed.

Anybody see ST Beyond yet? My plans were to buy tix for film from AMC, which would give me a free download for ST Into Darkness. ( I wanted to rewatch it with my son because he does not remember it). After I bought tix, AMC sent me an email to obtain my free download of ST ID, but they forgot to put the redemption code in the email! After reading AMC's Twitter page, they did this to A LOT of people. Friday is the only night each week my son spends the night with me so that was when we were supposed to watch ST ID and then go the next day (yesterday) to see ST Beyond. However, since I had no redemption code, and Friday night AMC's customer service phone line kept me on hold (guess they were closed without a message TELLING me they were closed), and because Friday night AMC did not respond to my tweet or email, had to skip ST Beyond, that I already paid for, yesterday. :mad:

Good news is, yesterday afternoon, they finally responded, sent me the redemption code for my free ST ID, and credited my tix for ST Beyond. FYI, if you ever need a refund from AMC, you must ask for the refund BEFORE the time the movie begins. So, we will see both films next weekend.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi...beyond-beamed-up-to-1-with-56-million-a143762

I saw it last night, I enjoyed it. We went for a 3D show, my complaint would be some of the scenes were a bit too dark ... hard to make out what was going on

As for a quick non spoiler review, I enjoyed it. Nice continuation from the previous two movies while getting back to the original series/films a bit more. Urban plays a really good McCoy, through these 3 films, I think he does the best at capturing the original character. They did a nice job getting everyone in the crew something to do in the movie as well.
From what I read this morning, it did a bit better than expected at the Box Office

We were talking last night and wondering what is the best run of 3 Trek movies in a row

Kahn (awesome), Search for Spock (so-so), Voyage Home (has its moments, good, but not great)

Undiscovered Country (really solid), Generations (okay, could have been better if the Nexus idea was better, but I give them credit for not doing another time travel movie), and First Contact (really good)

The 3 new Trek movies

I am a bit torn between those 3 sets of films. I think pretty much any run of 3 that contains, 1, 5, or the last two TNG movies are pretty much out of the question

I like Undiscovered Country almost as much as I do Wrath of Khan, and I like First Contact much more than Voyage Home. I guess I'd need to rewatch Star Trek III to really compare.

Generations needs credit for that great battle (Battle of Veridian III?) with the Enterprise and a Bird of Prey:

"We are cloaking.."
"What?"
"Our shields are down...."

"Fire."

Love it.

#1 First Contact
#2 Undiscovered Country
#3 Wrath Of Khan

Generations needs credit for that great battle (Battle of Veridian III?) with the Enterprise and a Bird of Prey:

"We are cloaking.."
"What?"
"Our shields are down...."

"Fire."

Love it.
Yeah, other than the graphics were reused from Undiscovered Country!

Saw Beyond this weekend with my son and we both enjoyed it. Love several homages paid to original cast. Noticed that actor Greg Grunberg (from JJ Abrams' Alias TV show and Star Wars TFA) makes a couple of cameos as an officer in the Starbase. Trivia: he was also the voice of Kirk's step-dad in the 2009 reboot ripping Kirk a new one about not damaging the car he stole. Here is a good article about the many deaths of the Enterprise: (that's not a spoiler since the trailer already gave that away)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-trek-deaths-uss-enterprise-906645

Now reading a book called The View From the Bridge. It is an autobiography of Nicholas Meyer, the director of ST 2 & 6. I was not aware he was also co-writer of 4 as well as one of my favorite films, Time After Time. It is about HG Wells (Malcolm McDowell) pursuing Jack the Ripper (David Warner) from Victorian era to late 70's San Francisco.

Now reading a book called The View From the Bridge. It is an autobiography of Nicholas Meyer, the director of ST 2 & 6. I was not aware he was also co-writer of 4 as well as one of my favorite films, Time After Time. It is about HG Wells (Malcolm McDowell) pursuing Jack the Ripper (David Warner) from Victorian era to late 70's San Francisco.

I read that a while ago, interesting book. Meyer really saved the movie franchise with Kahn

True, however I am 1 of the few fans who loves TMP. Saw it in theater and many times via tv broadcast, vhs, laser disc, dvd...

Back