1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Maidenfans poll: Favorite studio album 2015

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by SinisterMinisterX, Sep 4, 2015.

?

What is your favorite Iron Maiden studio album?

1. Iron Maiden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Killers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Number of the Beast

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Piece of Mind

12 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Powerslave

15 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Somewhere in Time

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

18 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. No Prayer for the Dying

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fear of the Dark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The X Factor

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  11. Virtual XI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Brave New World

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. Dance of Death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. A Matter of Life and Death

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  15. The Final Frontier

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  16. The Book of Souls

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

With a new album today, the Book Of Souls era formally begins. Time for a new album poll!

Members are encouraged to take their time voting here. I know I still need a while for TBOS to sink in and really decide where it stands.

2. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Somewhere in Time.

3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I will certainly be waiting for a week or so until BOS has sunk in.

4. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

Same here SMX. I need to re-listen to my favorites, Seventh Son and Brave New World and give Book of Souls some time to sink in. But it's up there contesting with the big boys for now.

5. Rikstewart

Rikstewart Trooper

Five years on since the last poll and my vote still goes to 7th Son. As I no doubt said in that thread, it was the first album I heard back in 1989 and has never been topped IMHO, I love every song and never skip a track while listening, I really can't say that for any other album (apart from BOS, but that's only due it being fresh)

6. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Still A Matter of Life and Death which I believe is their most consistent album song for song, and also the most focused in terms of atmosphere. I have individual songs I rate higher from The Final Frontier, but as a complete album A Matter of Life and Death takes the cake. (And to be honest "The Legacy", "For the Greater Good of God" and "Lord of Light" are resting firmly in my top 10 in any case.) It's one of those rare albums where specific songs are lifted because they are part of a greater whole - would I listen to "Out of the Shadows" and love it if it had been on No Prayer for the Dying? Probably not! But here it fits perfectly in the flow of the album, and I couldn't imagine skipping it. As for production & playing on the record, I think everyone did a tremendous job on it. The drum sound is a particular highlight for me, and especially Nicko's old snare.

For the record, The Final Frontier and The X Factor are the runners-up.

2minutes2am and JudasMyGuide like this.
  7. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I don't see TBOS taking my #1 spot from Piece of Mind, but you never know. I'll wait until the survivor is over to vote.

8. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

Went with SSOASS in the end.

It was very much a contest between that, SiT and NOTB. If it were a question of "which album has the best 5 songs?" then NOTB would've won easily, but whilst it's highs are by far the highest it also suffers from being the least consistent in my view with Gangland and Total Eclipse, for me, being a bit of a low point. SiT is very similar to SSOASS in that they are both incredibly consistent in quality in my mind, but I find the songs on the latter just a slight bit catchier overall.

Honorable mention to TBOS as I feel it is in my top 5 easily.

9. Collin

Collin Jambi

Somewhere in Time. I think TBOS would land #3 on my list right behind that and TFF.

10. RTC

RTC Libera et impera!

1: Powerslave
    2: Brave New World
    3: Somewhere In Time
    4: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
    5: The Book Of Souls (at least at the moment)
    6: The Number Of The Beast
    7: Iron Maiden
    8: A Matter Of Life And Death
    9: Piece Of Mind
    10: The Final Frontier
    11: Dance Of Death
    12: The X-Factor
    13: Fear Of The Dark
    14: Killers
    15: Virtual XI
    16: No Prayer For The Dying

11. SinisterMinisterX

I still haven't voted, but I've been thinking about it. I've always voted Piece of Mind before, but upon reflection that album has dropped in my list. For the 80s, I now rank Number and Powerslave higher than all others.

For the reunion era, I've got it narrowed down to BNW and TBOS. AMOLAD is great but not as much a personal favorite, and that's what this poll is. The excitement surrounding BNW was really special, and will always be a part of that album to me. TBOS is the first album since to come with as much hoopla.

12. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

Decided to change my vote - from SSOASS to SiT.

13. viced92

viced92 Nomad

Somewhere in Time..to me this is the absolute pinnacle of metal. My all time favorite album.

14. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

I am more of a SSOASS type of guy.

15. FTB

FTB Stranger in a Strange Board

Somewhere in Time and no Album (by any Band) will ever conquer that.

Production, Sound of Guitar , Songwriting, Atmosphere won't be topped...

16. viced92

viced92 Nomad

Agreed. Music, lyrics, artwork. .everything is utterly perfect.

17. SinisterMinisterX

I'm getting closer. I've got it down to Powerslave vs. TBOS; best of the 80s vs best of the reunion.

18. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Electric Eye

For the reasons I stated in Travis' thread, I'll vote for Beast here. As of today, and always subject to change, blah blah blah, I rank the top 5 as follows:

1. Number of the Beast
    2. Powerslave
    3. Somewhere in Time
    4. Iron Maiden
    5. The Book of Souls

19. Mrcl

Mrcl Invader

I rate TBOS very high but its no AMOLAD.

20. Edu_Smith

Edu_Smith Eduardo

All 80s.
    But Powerslave is unmatched