1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Maidenfans poll: Favorite live album 2015

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by SinisterMinisterX, Sep 4, 2015.

?

What is your favorite Iron Maiden live album

1. Maiden Japan

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Live After Death

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. A Real Live/Dead One

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Live at Donington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rock in Rio

31 vote(s)
    43.7%
  6. Beast Over Hammersmith

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. BBC Archives

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Death on the Road

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Flight 666

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. En Vivo!

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  11. Maiden England '88

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Since we're talking favourite live album, my vote goes to Death on the Road. The live renditions of songs like "Rainmaker" and "Lord of the Flies" are unique to this album, and some of my very favourite performances by the band.

I don't need to say that I wouldn't vote the DVD though, do I?

2. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Why?

3. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

OMGdat3D1T1NG

It's unwatchable... I feel sick after one song. For favourite live DVD, I'd vote for either Rock in Rio or En Vivo!, the former sounding better, the latter being by miles the best edited footage - those splitscreens are wonderful.

Bombusbombus likes this.
  4. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Dad Rock connoisseur extraordinaire

BNW and En Vivo are really neck-to-neck for me. In the end I voted for Vivo, since it definitely needs more support. Also, Talisman, Dance of Death and Wild Wind.

5. 'Arry1985

'Arry1985 Prowler

LAD of course (but with RIR very closely!)
    One of the best live albums of all time!

6. iroquois

iroquois Starblind

I used to be a normal guy. Then I watched RiR DVD :devil:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  7. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

England 88 has a very special place in my heart and I love the video but its probably not the best live album. En Vivo is special, Hammersmith has that energy, Rio has that amazing crowd and Flight 666is a great film imo. LAD is probably the benchmark really. Maybe I should change my vote.

8. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

RiR, phenomenal show, great setlist and stunning atmosphere and energy. LAD is overrated, Bruce is singing like a bitch

JudasMyGuide likes this.
  9. I hadn't listened to En Vivo for a while, but decided to put in on again a couple of weeks ago. Wow, it blew me away. I totally agree, the band sounds IMMENSE. I had to play it through twice, actually. Agreed on the setlist, although good it just cannot match the setlist of for instance FLight 666.

I voted Rock In Rio, by the way, but it was by a hair to Flight 666 (which only loses because it's not one consecutive concert. Not that it was a bad way of doing it, I actually found it to be a good idea to do it this way for a change, yet I just prefer the one-show thing).