Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Flight 666

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • En Vivo!

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Maiden England '88

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters
Since we're talking favourite live album, my vote goes to Death on the Road. The live renditions of songs like "Rainmaker" and "Lord of the Flies" are unique to this album, and some of my very favourite performances by the band.

I don't need to say that I wouldn't vote the DVD though, do I?

Since we're talking favourite live album, my vote goes to Death on the Road. The live renditions of songs like "Rainmaker" and "Lord of the Flies" are unique to this album, and some of my very favourite performances by the band.

I don't need to say that I wouldn't vote the DVD though, do I?

Why?

OMGdat3D1T1NG

It's unwatchable... I feel sick after one song. For favourite live DVD, I'd vote for either Rock in Rio or En Vivo!, the former sounding better, the latter being by miles the best edited footage - those splitscreens are wonderful.

BNW and En Vivo are really neck-to-neck for me. In the end I voted for Vivo, since it definitely needs more support. Also, Talisman, Dance of Death and Wild Wind.

England 88 has a very special place in my heart and I love the video but its probably not the best live album. En Vivo is special, Hammersmith has that energy, Rio has that amazing crowd and Flight 666is a great film imo. LAD is probably the benchmark really. Maybe I should change my vote.

Great sound and playing. Not the setlist (IMO ;-) ).

I hadn't listened to En Vivo for a while, but decided to put in on again a couple of weeks ago. Wow, it blew me away. I totally agree, the band sounds IMMENSE. I had to play it through twice, actually. Agreed on the setlist, although good it just cannot match the setlist of for instance FLight 666.

I voted Rock In Rio, by the way, but it was by a hair to Flight 666 (which only loses because it's not one consecutive concert. Not that it was a bad way of doing it, I actually found it to be a good idea to do it this way for a change, yet I just prefer the one-show thing).

Rock In Rio - legendary and a perfect live album!

My ranking of all live albums:

1.Rock In Rio
2.Live After Death
3.Best Over Hammersmith
4.Death On The Road
5.En Vivo!
6.Flight 666
7.Maiden England
8.The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter
9.Nights Of The Dead
10.A Real Live Dead One
11.Live At Donington

Last edited:
Although I don't like A Real Live Dead One so much, some songs renditions are great:

- the version of ''Sanctuary'' is probably my favorite live version of the song (awesome solo from Janick.... his solo on that song is even better in the Raising Hell concert). Nicko's drumming in TETMD is insane and I like a lot the version of ''Prowler''.

In the last few days I listen to all live albums, and...

LAD - Great show, set list, stage but Bruce screams and high notes are terrible on this one, this version of Revalation I can' t stand. Also some songs are played very fast but ok that is a joy of live albums. Crowd participation on Running Free is amazing.

ME'88 - Sick stage, sick setlist, the moment when Dave and H get on top floor stage is just too epic. Too bad that Bruce had flue on that show.

Donnigton, Real Live/Dead - I dont understand why band released 3 live albums in 1993 with almost the same setlist. But I really like albums, they sound cheap, they sound like a street style band the from garage, but that is the period when they wanted to sound like that...
Some deep cuts in setlist and crowd is amazing on every song. Hallowed in Moscow with crowd singing first part is pure gold.

RiR - Perfection.

BoH - Classic

DoR - One of my fav. I really like the smaller venue, castle stage, Bruce in prime, set list is great but too bad that they didnt put some theme songs like Transylvania or Phantom, it would fit so good on that stage set.

F666 - Ok but maybe it will be better if this is a recording only from one venue. I dont like this tour because they were ignoring SiT nad putting 7th son songs and then 5 yrs later you are doing 7th theme tour with the same songs.

So from these History tours we got overplayed Moonchild, Aces, Clair, Revalations, and a lot of classic from that period missed opportunity to be played again.

En Vivo - I really liked the album, crowd, setlist, stage, DoD performance was over the top.

Live Chapter - Garbage
NotD - Double Garbage

Maiden Japan of course, except there's no such album.
Yet.
Hopefully.
Although you can find the full album in the internet, it would be great to have an official release as a souvenir from the early years of the band (not an EP!) - great setlist and performances. Btw, did you know that it was never the band's intention to release this album, but Toshiba-EMI wanted a live album.

Live Chapter - Garbage
NotD - Double Garbage
I understand that you don't like the production/mixing/sound of NOTD (I like it), but the production (and performances) of Live Chapter are pretty good imo. Actually, the production in both live albums is not so different and they are not garbage for sure.

Back