1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Maidenfans poll: Favorite live album 2015

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by SinisterMinisterX, Sep 4, 2015.

?

What is your favorite Iron Maiden live album

1. Maiden Japan

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Live After Death

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. A Real Live/Dead One

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Live at Donington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rock in Rio

31 vote(s)
    43.7%
  6. Beast Over Hammersmith

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. BBC Archives

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Death on the Road

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Flight 666

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. En Vivo!

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  11. Maiden England '88

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

A couple more live albums have been released since TFF, so let's see how it turns out this time. I'm also including Maiden Japan this time just for fun.

I'm still voting Live After Death, but I love Hammersmith and Flight 666 too.

2. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Rock in Rio, just barely above Beast Over Hammersmith.

3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Rock in Rio, but it's a tie for runner up between Death on the Road, Flight 666, En Vivo, and Hmmersmith :devil:

4. Rikstewart

Rikstewart Trooper

Another vote for LAD here, still the greatest live album of all time

5. MrKnickerbocker

I know it's early to start a fight in here, but I just don't see how anyone can think LAD is the greatest live album ever considering Bruce's incredibly spotty vocal performance.

Chazz Chetly likes this.
  6. Rikstewart

Rikstewart Trooper

It's more about the songs and the stage show than the actual performances for me, the Powerslave era Eddie is my favourite and after the original Maiden England VHS, LAD was the second Maiden live concert vid I bought, so it holds nostalgic value.
    Of course, this is only my opinion

7. MrKnickerbocker

I very much agree about the stage show and the Eddie, but I just can't look past the vocals. I'll say that the video leaves me with a far better impression than the CD because of the production.

8. Collin

Collin Jambi

Maiden England. The setlist is phenomenal!

9. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Rock in Rio no question. It's got the best setlist, best performance from every band member, and the best audience on a live album.

10. Iron Frontier

Iron Frontier Invader

Beast Over Hammersmith gets my vote. Love that setlist! I love most of them though. Maiden England would've received my vote if they would have transferred the whole concert onto CD without cutting out a lot of Bruce's speech in between songs. That and the CD is compressed way too much. Louder than any other album and it blows my eardrums when I have my ipod on shuffle at the gym.

11. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Going for RiR again. There are other setlists I like, but performance here is amazing.

12. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Pure content wise, it's Rock in Rio. It was the album that made me understand how important Iron Maiden is to us fans.

Beast over Hammersmith and Live after death is really awesome to

13. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

Voting RiR again. My first Maiden live album. The best Maiden live album. Will be hard getting me to change my mind on this...

14. Liveone

Liveone Nomad

RIR again....
    It has the best of everything in it plus there was the whole positive vibe going from the reunion.

15. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

En Vivo.

16. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

Maiden 88
    LAD
    Rio
    Beast
    Flight 666

17. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

I dont know how many Rush fans are here but its interesting how they both came out with similarly amazing releases that captured a ton of energy and announced their respective, triumphant returns.

18. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Great sound and playing. Not the setlist (IMO ;-) ).

19. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

I really like the setlist, it's very refreshing to have a lot of post reunion stuff in that kind of atmosphere!
    Superb sound and performance, it's just out of the scale for me.

20. Jemlyn

Jemlyn Prowler

That sole vote for Death On The Road up there is mine. The Death songs sound better here than in the studio. Paschendale is an absolute joy. And that Dortmund crowd.... what a great clan of metal brothers, singing along at every opportunity, and loudly. Love it.

Brigantium and Iron Frontier like this.