Official Maiden shop problems (customs) & question

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Two weeks ago I ordered four shirts from the official shop, price including shipping to Germany was some expensive 170 Euros. I fully paid in advance with Master Card, just as usual. Bottom note at this point: I've ordered literally TONS of Maiden shirts over the past years in the official shop and never experienced any problems described as follows.
By delivery I got charged extra 35 Euros for customs today. I know, the UK is taken as "non-EU", but this never happened before. So I decided to refuse the delivery and had it send back to get my money back.
Usually customs is included in the shops shipment calculation in advance, isn't it?? That's why shipment to Germany and other countries is that expensive as it is, right?
Anybody had the same problems yet?

This is normal since Brexit. It's why the trooper EU store makes such a big deal on its website about it shipping from an EU warehouse to avoid customs.

Where I am smaller value packages usually get through without a customs demand but if it has a declaration label on it saying the value is €170 it would probably get stopped.

Two weeks ago I ordered four shirts from the official shop, price including shipping to Germany was some expensive 170 Euros. I fully paid in advance with Master Card, just as usual. Bottom note at this point: I've ordered literally TONS of Maiden shirts over the past years in the official shop and never experienced any problems described as follows.
By delivery I got charged extra 35 Euros for customs today. I know, the UK is taken as "non-EU", but this never happened before. So I decided to refuse the delivery and had it send back to get my money back.
Usually customs is included in the shops shipment calculation in advance, isn't it?? That's why shipment to Germany and other countries is that expensive as it is, right?
Anybody had the same problems yet?
You might not have had this before because a) your order was too small in value to warrant a charge and/or b) you were just lucky.

Since Brexit anything anyone orders from the uk to any other country is subject to the customs laws of the receiving country and there could be a charge. No way has the official maiden store previously just paid this charge.

It’s the same for us brits ordering anything into the uk, we could get zapped with customs charges too depending on the size, weight and value of the item.

You might not have had this before because a) your order was too small in value to warrant a charge and/or b) you were just lucky.

Since Brexit anything anyone orders from the uk to any other country is subject to the customs laws of the receiving country and there could be a charge. No way has the official maiden store previously just paid this charge.

It’s the same for us brits ordering anything into the uk, we could get zapped with customs charges too depending on the size, weight and value of the item.
Obviously my previous orders were too small since I never ordered more than one shirt at the same time yet. So do you have any info on how customs will happen or not happen the other way back, returnig shirts to the UK? Asking this is because I've returned two of those four shirts since they were too small. Will they get through to them without customs problems? Haven't heard from them yet.

Back