1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Hockey discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IronDuke, Aug 8, 2005.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Coach needed to be fired, too.

Shadow and Dr. Eddies Wingman like this.
  2. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

Looks like Ovi and Kuznetzov might not join Russia just yet.... fucking penguins and their inability to close out a series.... BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!

3. LooseCannon

Yeah, it's a little odd to see Pittsburgh blow two opportunities to finish off the Caps.

4. Onhell

Never mind. I'm happy now. Too bad Edmonton lost, but for them, unlike the Caps, there's always next year. Anybody else smell a Penguins-Predators final?

TheTalisman likes this.
  5. LooseCannon

I can feel that. Though, living in Ottawa, I think I'm required to cheer for the Sens.

6. Onhell

True, rag-tag group of warriors. There only "super star" is Karlsson, Turris... is there lol. Definitely not the team that got this far a decade ago though.

Really good hockey these playoffs. Been binge-ing on a lot of hockey, saw a documentary: Hockey, a People's history, ten part show on youtube. Very interesting.

7. LooseCannon

Turris, Hoffman and Stone is a great #2 scoring line.

8. Onhell

They have been great, forgot about Bobby Ryan too, not to mention Phenuef having a resurgence of sorts. Great game yesterday, i'm digging the intensity of these series.

9. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

10. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

Lundqvist did a great job in the shootout.

Onhell likes this.
  11. LooseCannon

Shootouts should not be used to resolve high level hockey. It's a skills competition, not a game. And I would say the same thing if the skills competition had favoured Canada, because it's still bogus.

Otherwise, the gold medal game was a fantastic game, featuring some great players who played pretty good international hockey.

12. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Always liked the thrill of shootouts, whether it's soccer or hockey.

13. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

14. LooseCannon

Yeah, Rinne was on fire last night, but the Preds have been outplaying the Pens this entire series.

PK Subban has been the off ice player of the series with his Listerine comments and antics. Smart man. Every time someone writes about Listerine, they aren't writing about Pekka Rinne's struggles the first couple games.

TheTalisman likes this.
  15. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

If he can keep this level of play for the rest of the series I think he will have a chance of receiving the Conn Smythe even if they lose, like Giguere in 2003.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  16. LooseCannon

They'd have to get to game 7 for that to happen. It's very, very rare that someone gets the Conn Smythe on a losing side in a game they don't have a chance to win the Cup. Last time that happened was back in like 76, when Reggie Leach won in a 4-0 sweep of the Flyers.

17. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

Still the best minute of hockey I have seen.

18. Onhell

Well, ouplayed or not, once again Pittsburgh found a way to win. I'm happy due to all the history being witnessed, but... I know what's on EVERYONE'S mind. That disallowed goal.

Part of me thinks, tough shit, but as a fan of the game in general that infuriated me. Now the Pen's repeat is tainted, and that sucks.

19. LooseCannon

Meh. That's the game today. I suspect some rules to tighten it will go in. OK Pens, at least it's not your only cup. Ask Dallas/Buffalo how they feel about that.

Onhell likes this.
  20. Onhell

True, wasn't that the reason the crease was redrawn? Anyway, I'm still stoked. Simply awesome.