1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Hockey discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IronDuke, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Scott Darling is playing his way into a really nice contract next year. Good for him, good guy and turning into a really good goalie. Nice game last night after a 2 week layoff from an injury.

2. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Ottawa is finally getting an outdoor game in Dec 2017 vs the Habs. TD Place was adding 10,000 extra seats for the Grey Cup, so those seats will stay up later and the NHL will put a rink on the field.

3. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

That should be cool .. you going to go? I have always wanted to go see one of these

4. LooseCannon

Yeah, I was thinking so. 35,000 seats, I should be able to get one up in the nosebleeds.

5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

6. LooseCannon

Wow. Hell of a story, and I feel for the poor man - glad to see he figured out how to get his life on track before he became the next Wade Belak.

7. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Yeah .. in general, that site is really good .. interesting stories across many sports .. I enjoyed reading several about people/sports that I have minimal to no interest in.

8. LooseCannon

9. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Good for him, I hated his contract, but he always seemed like a cool guy and I wish him nothing but the best

10. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

The Hawks have looked downright awful so far. 0-2 at home without scoring a single goal.

11. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Yeah, I was flying yesterday but missed the game, they played pretty well game 1 ... but they obviously need to get it going quickly

12. LooseCannon

Been a hell of a good playoffs so far with interesting surprises. Both the Wild and the Hawks (!) on the precipice of being eliminated.

Ducks are up 2-0 in a game 4 against Calgary. Fucking Ducks just scored off the blue line, Gulutzan pulled Elliott right away, and Chad Johnson lets one in right after. Jeez.

13. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I am one loss away from watching a lot of baseball

14. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

Elliott looked exactly like Jonas Hiller 2 years ago in the playoffs in these games...I wonder how long it will take for the Flames to find a reliable starter like Kiprusoff again, because that's what the team will need to make any progress from here. I'm hoping that John Gillies will be able to develop into a reliable starter for the team in 2-3 years from now. Maybe Ben Bishop would be a decent choice in the mean time.

Or maybe it will take a bit of gambling, like the Kiprusoff trade in 2003? A second round pick for a struggling backup goaltender, who then turns into the league's best goaltender over a night.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  15. LooseCannon

Being swept is brutal, and it's especially brutal for the Flames.

16. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

Damn, if the Edmonton Oilers manage to get the past the Ducks, they will be just four wins away from the Stanley Cup finals and will face Nashville or St. Louis.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  17. LooseCannon

That is indeed how hockey playoffs work!

TheTalisman likes this.
  18. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

The IIHF World Championship started tonight. Russia beat Sweden, just like they did in 1709.

19. LooseCannon

I don't have much hope for the World Championship for Canada, unfortunately. Our team is not very good, and Russia is going to get better when Washington goes out and Kuznetsov and Ovechkin join them.

20. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

Look, we had a lot of injuries, and they were on home ice.

Dr. Eddies Wingman likes this.