1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Football Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by national acrobat, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

More than cancelled now!

2. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Impressive win by Spurs, not many teams will go to Goodison and win 3-0!

3. Black Wizard

Celtic got absolutely battered by PSG tonight - their worst ever home defeat in Europe. A Celtic fan even ran on to the pitch in the first half and aimed a kick at Kylian Mbappe (and missed), which was closer than any of the Celtic players got to him. PSG are quite good.

I actually watched the Man U match at the pub. Nothing interesting to talk about there.

4. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Watched the PSG game in full. Trying to catch all of their games this season, they might be the most entertaining team to watch in football right now.

5. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Watched the Barca-Juve game yesterday and I think that Lionel Messi is in one of his best forms of his life. He shat on Juve. Nelson Semedo is also incredible, Dembele still needs time to adapt and Suarez is currently pure and utter shit.

6. The Flash

As expected, Tottenham vs Dortmund is a cracking affair so far. Three goals in 14 minutes.

7. Black Wizard

I had no idea that Mario Gotze was back at Borussia Dortmund. What went wrong at Bayern?

8. matic22

Liverpool's defence is awful again...

9. The Flash

He's been on a steady decline since the World Cup. He was diagnosed with myopathy recently which explains his lack of fitness.

10. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

Why Klopp didn't look for a centre-back during the summer is beyond me. This is the second game in a row that the back-four have been in shambles.

11. Black Wizard

He did, but Southampton wouldn't sell him.

12. matic22

There are at least 50 centre-backs that are better than Lovren. They had a tunnel vision on VVD and failed miserably.

soundwave likes this.
  13. Black Wizard

Chaos at the Emirates Stadium right now. More Cologne fans traveled to London than the away allocation but away fans bought tickets from Arsenal fans and tried to get over the barriers to get into the away end. Apparently there's loads of away fans in the home sections.

Also, Vitoria Guimarães fielded a team completely made of non-Europeans.

14. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

The best team in Norway are getting their arses whooped by Real Sociedad. In other news, water is wet.

15. The Flash

Man City scored 15 goals and conceded 0 in their last three matches.

16. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

[​IMG]

So Alexis starts vs Koln and is benched against Chelsea... Wenger is just trolling at this point :p

soundwave likes this.
  17. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

I have to gripe about the way football is broadcast in the US. The American commentators attempt to call the game like an NFL game (incessant talking about everything and anything, combined with a never-ending litany of statistics).