Official Football Thread

DIEpKzDW0AEjSCD.jpg

Milan should easily top the group.

Partizan and Zvezda also have solid groups. It'll be tough but I think both clubs can go through. Thinking of going to the Zvezda-Arsenal game. Btw. Partizan drawn against an Albanian club :ninja:

Barcelona has signed Ousmane Dembélé for 105 million euros + 40 million of possible bonuses... 2nd most expensive transfer ever.

Fucking hell, looks like Mbappé AND Fabinho are both moving to PSG. I have no idea how they plan on fitting in Mbappé, Cavani and Neymar into a 4-3-3 that they always play. Plus there's Di María and Draxler. I kind of doubt they'd spend 150m on Mbappé to have him on the bench.

Di María is rumoured to go to Barcelona, that probably takes place if Mbappe happens.

I also read hat Mbappe is going to stay at Monaco for one more year, and then join PSG.

Arsene doing Arsene things...
Liverpool doing Liverpool things (beating strong teams on paper)...

Can't wait for the Fam's.

Arsenal 0 shots on target. I also don't understand why Arsene played Welbeck instead of Lacazette.

P.S. Who tf is Rob Holding.

Meh, I didn't expect anything different. As I said last year, if they extend Arsene, it'll show that this club does not give a fuck about success.

Why should I?

I wouldn't want to be an Arsenal fan right now.

Lost to Liverpool 4:0 yesterday. Then today, Chelsea's offer of 35m for Oxlade-Chamberlain is accepted, Alexis hands in a transfer request and Mustafi is close to Inter Milan. Liverpool is close to Naby Keïta and Lemar, both Arsenal targets.

I can understand all of that, but letting Mustafi go is mindboggling. Without him, they'd be left with two aging injury-prone center backs in Koscielny and Mertesacker, two unexperienced center backs in Chambers and Holding, and two make-shift center backs in Monreal and Kolasinac, yet they play with 3 at the back...

Joking aside, I think selling Ox for that price is good business. His contract was coming to an end and he was asking for a wage that he absolutely did not deserve.

Current rumor is that Man City is offering Sterling + money for Alexis. I think it'd be better for Arsenal to move on and accept that, otherwise he'll leave for free next summer.

Back