Official Football Thread

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/900130974062825472

This is insane. He's not worth half that money. It would still weaken Liverpool though, so I hope it happens. They can then replace him with 5 inferior players, like they did with Suarez.

Meanwhile Leo Messi is realising the multi-step program to get the Barcelona board out.

Step 1:
Do not sign a new contract.

Step 2:
Send a few of your representatives to Man City offices to create some speculation.

Step 3:
Post a picture of yourself with Neymar to Instagram on the same day that Bartomeu enters the court with Neymar's entourage, provoking the board to fine him a and a few other players.
img_xmunoz_20170822-191942_imagenes_md_terceros_20969391_257066501471000_6075193496019402752_n-k66B-U43744062058qaB-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Step 4:
?

I think it's safe to say that either this Barcelona board leaves, or Messi is a Man City player next season.

Sergio Ramos might be the player that I dislike the most in the world. But you have to admit, all teams need an asshole like him to provoke and scare the opponent.

It's amazing to see how he, and others, combine thuggish play that would fit right into 70's Leeds with antics that make them look ridiculous. I'm sure it takes some restraint from the opponents to fight the temptation to just go for his knee and give him some months on the sideline.

What a fall for Ajax. From being in the Europa League final just months ago, to failing to qualify for it after losing 4-2 on aggregate. To a Norwegian team ... didn't see that coming. Norwegian clubs have performed like shit in Europe for years.

They looked very competitive against Nice in the Champions League qualifiers; drew both matches. Nice is a very good team. Shocking that they got eliminated by Rosenborg.

Fenerbahçe got eliminated by Vardar, a Macedonian team. Second catastrophe for Turkish clubs so far, after Galatasaray got eliminated by Östersunds. Speaking of which, Östersunds eliminated PAOK as well and qualified for the group stage. Pretty major upset.

They looked very competitive against Nice in the Champions League qualifiers; drew both matches. Nice is a very good team. Shocking that they got eliminated by Rosenborg.

Fenerbahçe got eliminated by Vardar, a Macedonian team. Second catastrophe for Turkish clubs so far, after Galatasaray got eliminated by Östersunds. Speaking of which, Östersunds eliminated PAOK as well and qualified for the group stage. Pretty major upset.
That's even more of an upset. Rosenborg is, after all, a club that has done well in Europe earlier. Östersunds isn't even a big club by Swedish standards.

So I ordered a Milan jersey from dhgate, which is some Asian Amazon-like website. So basically a bootleg jersey :p Arrived today. Looked pretty good for a bootleg shirt and I was quite pleased. After taking it out of the washing machine, the numbers and the name look like they won't survive another washing cycle :(

Back