Official Football Thread

Iceland with a late winner against Croatia, taking them to 13 points - equal with today's opponents.

Doesn't bode too well for Turkey, but I'm not too mad because our national team is an absolute shitshow at the moment. Game of Thrones type power struggle between:

a) Current coach & current head of the football federation + writers who support these two
b) Future candidate for the head of the football federation & players who are personally close with that candidate + writers who support them

Arda Turan retired from the national team as a result of the conflict.

Milan has bought André Silva from Porto for €40m. Never seen him play tbh. His stats aren't that good but he's gotten a lot of praise from Cristiano Ronaldo. I guess since he's young he still has time to develop... I really wanted Belotti though :(

Norway vs Sweden in a friendly tonight. Norway have replaced 6 of the 11 who faced the Czechs. Sweden have replaced all 11 from their encounter with France ...

Looking at the lineups, France vs. England looks to be one of the more exciting friendly matches in a while. Probably gonna watch it.

If you have the opportunity to tune in to Norway vs Sweden ... don't. It is currently very dull, and I watch it out of a sense of duty. Norway lead 1-0 after scoring on one of very few chances. Sweden's closest call was a dive with subsequent appeal for penalty, and a 2 on 2 counter where they couldn't get a finish.

Kylian Mbappé & Ousmane Dembélé. This duo is going to be something.

France national team makes me more excited than anything else going on in the world of football, honestly. So many great young talents.

Kylian Mbappé & Ousmane Dembélé. This duo is going to be something.

France national team makes me more excited than anything else going on in the world of football, honestly. So many great young talents.
19059412_1491520384228501_7527605198464877894_n.jpg

Some older guys on there. Even if you cut them out you have:

GK: Alphonse Aréola (24), Alban Lafont (18)
RB: Djibril Sidibé (24), Sébastien Corchia (26)
LB: Benjamin Mendy (22), Layvin Kurzawa (24), Lucas Digne (23)
CB: Raphaël Varane (24), Samuel Umtiti (23), Aymeric Laporte (23), Kurt Zouma (22), Presnel Kimpembe (21)
CM: N'Golo Kanté (26), Paul Pogba (24), Adrien Rabiot (22), Corentin Tolisso (22), Tiemoué Bakayoko (22), Wylan Cyprien (22)
RW: Ousmane Dembélé (20), Kingsley Coman (21), Florian Thauvin (24)
LW: Thomas Lemar (21), Anthony Martial (21)
ST: Antoine Griezmann (26), Kylian Mbappé (18), Alexandre Lacazette (26), Moussa Dembélé (21)

Just insane.

Milan just announced Donnarumma won't renew his contract. Him and the fat fuck Raiola have been keeping the club hostage for months. We should sell him or freeze him out now, no one is bigger than the club, especially not a friggin' 18 year old.

Doesn't bode too well for Milan's hopes of going back into European contention, though. You have to be able to hold onto your talents.

We made him the starting goalkeeper at 16 years old during the darkest moments of the club in decades. He played for the national team thanks to us. We offered him at least 5m euros per year (our CEO said it was more than 5m) at 18 years old. As far as I know, only Icardi, Pjanic, Higuain and De Rossi earn more in the entire league. Who the fuck does Donnarumma think he is? He's very talented but far from a finished product. Not one top club will tolerate his mistakes as much as we would have. My only hope is that if he doesn't renew, he's either sold or completely frozen out. He can't play a single game for us after this.

I have faith that the new management will find a worthy replacement.

Milan just announced Donnarumma won't renew his contract. Him and the fat fuck Raiola have been keeping the club hostage for months. We should sell him or freeze him out now, no one is bigger than the club, especially not a friggin' 18 year old.
Why clubs keep doing business with Raiola and his players?
Ok - he has some big names - but if for one transfer window every club boycotts him I guess lot of players would change agent... But clubs are doing everything to destroy themselves...

Back