Official Football Thread

Even though they're West Ham's biggest rival, this one Millwall supporter deserves some respect. Took on all three of the Borough Market attackers with his bare hands in the pub where he'd been having "four or five pints - nothing major," got cut up pretty bad in the process, but probably allowed many other punters to escape.

Of course, his "4-5 pints" could have really been 8 or 9, and he was so fucked up he just went after the guy in the Arsenal jersey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ner-football-fan-lion-of-london-a7775246.html
His friends gave him a book called "Learn how to run". :D

Diego Costa just said that Conte told him he's not in his plans for next season. Lukaku to Chelsea confirmed then?

DB0MbmmVwAA0xyo.jpg

(Don't think anyone here cares too much about Milan's signings but I'm gonna brag anyway, I've suffered shit signings for at least 5 years :p)

He'll stay at the club for rehabilitation though. There's still a possibility he resigns when he's injury-free.

I don't think I ever anticipated a Netherlands - Luxembourg so much before.

The starting 11:
Cillessen
Veltman, De Vrij, Hoedt, Blind
Wijnaldum, Sneijder, Strootman
Robben, Janssen, Depay

Last edited:
On his birthday, also the day of his record breaking 131st match for Oranje, Wesley Sneijder, called by Advocaat "perhaps the best football player in the Turkish competition, which is a very difficult competition" (@The Flash ), scores!

2-0!

Sneijder is the best. So many strong passes.
If we want to mention important differences between Advocaat en Blind, then one of them is the fact that Advocaat makes an important player like Sneijder more important. He lets him start from the beginning, even mentioning this last Wednesday already. Blind didn't have that much faith in Sneijder (often preferring Klaassen) even though he was often the best in this crappy qualification.

Last edited:
Damm. Sweden wins from France. Not good. Now they have a better goal saldo than us and are three points ahead now. Just like the number two (France): three points ahead.

Still, this was a satisfying match. 5-0. Could have been 8, 9-0. Or more. We will see the value of these goals later.

Stand groep A:
1. Zweden 6-13 (12- 4)
2. Frankrijk 6-13 (11- 5)
3. NEDERLAND 6-10 (13- 6)
4. Bulgarije 6- 9 ( 9-12)
5. Wit-Rusland 6- 5 ( 4-11)
6. Luxemburg 6- 1 ( 6-17)

Last edited:
Looks like we have to go for the first place, because the second won't give enough security anymore. Tough. Not impossible.

edit:
The real surprise of the evening: Andorra won for the second time ever in an official match. After 93 losses, 3 draws (1 this season) and 1 victory (vs Macedonia in 2006, a World Cup qualifier), the Albanians won from Hungary with a beautiful header (1-0).

Last edited:
We drew 1:1 with Wales... I'm honestly disappointed. They scored from a penalty after the dumbass goalkeeper gave away a free kick on the edge of the box. Still 1st in the group and unbeaten tho.

Iceland with a late winner against Croatia, taking them to 13 points - equal with today's opponents.

Happy with Norway's performance against the Czechs yesterday. Definitely progress compared to anything we've done the last couple of years. I think Lagerbäck is doing good work with the team. Next is a friendly match against our yellow and blue neighbours ...

Back