Official Football Thread

Huge fuck up by Feyenoord. Instead of becoming champions in the one but last round, they lost from Exselsior. 3-0! Ajax won. Feyenoord is still one point ahead:
1. Feyenoord 33 25 4 4 79 83-24
2. Ajax 33 24 6 3 78 76-22

And they play their final match at home and Ajax away, but Ajax plays a weaker opponent. This is worrying.

Zondag 14 mei,14.30.
Willem II - Ajax
Feyenoord - Heracles Almelo

So that's Middlesbrough relegated along with Sunderland, and Hartlepool are off into the murky depths of non league football. Damn.

Well I'd say the clouds are quite dark for Sunderland. The man who bailed them from relegation (Defoe) for a couple of years is set to leave in the summer and I just don't see the quality to get them promoted again. But looking from the other side, the Championship is quite bad TBH.

Advocaat is the new Dutch coach, Gullit is his assistant! In 1994, as a player, Gullit suddenly walked away from the team -and would never return-, because he did not agree with Advocaat's vision (it later seemed).
Gullit-en-Advocaat-1.jpg

At the time, I thought it was terrible he left (Gullit was a big football hero of mine). I hope this combination does effect the players.

Last edited:
He was shit for us. 2 draws and 2 losses in 4 games and then he was out. I honestly think he's past it, but I like Netherlands so I hope he does well for you.

That was a very short stint indeed. I heard the Turks are more happy with the Dutch players in Fener than with the coach but I guess he hasn't been doing that bad.

That was a very short stint indeed. I heard the Turks are more happy with the Dutch players in Fener than with the coach but I guess he hasn't been doing that bad.

You heard wrong. Jeremain Lens is the only Dutch person on the team that Fener fans are happy with. Robin van Persie has been a huge disappointment, Gregory van der Wiel has been utter shite and Dick Advocaat has been pretty bad.

The cunt Guidetti goes to the ground after Bailly grabs his ear.

Then he goes on to miss an absolute sitter in the last second of the game. He who laughs last, my friend, he who laughs last ...

So Manchester United vs Ajax in the final. That's a good final between two clubs with great European traditions. Looking forward to it!

Back