Official Football Thread

Pogba will be fine. Man Utd has played most matches in all competitions in England iirc, all the players are tired. I know he played in EPL before but this is his first full season and lots of players fizzle out fitness-wise by this time of the year in their debut seasons.

Was in an exam, so didn't watch the game <_< In midweek Milan and Man Utd both play 1:1 and I watched both games, but when I'm outside, they win 3:0 and 4:0 <_<

If you think it is painful, think what it does to those among us who happen to support the team. Herrera in his current form brings hard work and nothing more, Fellaini is out of place and Pogba ... oh dear. He has so much talent, but he often ends up slowing down United's tempo even more than Fellaini does.

Pogba is really the only promising player on there. I don't think Herrera and Fellaini should be in the starting eleven of Manchester United, if they want to be a powerhouse again.

I think the way Manchester City used Yaya Touré in the Pellegrini era is a really good example on how to use Pogba effectively. Pogba needs an athletic, hard working holding midfielder type next to him to be effective, not Fellaini, Herrera, Carrick or whoever.

Speaking of Canada, it is strange how none of the big countries who were part of the British empire (India, South Africa, Canada, Australia) have been really good at football. Football hasn't even been the no. 1 team sport in those countries - my impression is that it is hockey in Canada, cricket/field hockey in India, rugby in SA and Australia.

Also, come on Palace.

It gets worse and worse for Arsenal.

arsenal-fans-protest-against-arsene-wenger-508441.jpg

You can put England in that group too :D :D

Also, oh boy. Guess Tottenham is gonna finish ahead of Arsenal at last.

Well, England have at least been good once.

Doesn't look like there'll be a St. Totteringhams Day this year - and the Palace fans respond to the Wenger OUT chants with "We want you to stay". Cruel.

Dortmund's team bus got attacked apparently. Said to be a bomb explosion. Team is safe, Marc Bartra is at the hospital due to broken window fragments cutting his arm.

Back