Official Football Thread

Nice: Clarence Seedorf, one of our most succesful club footballers and often not invited for the Dutch squad (still 87 caps), will play his farewell match in the friendly match Netherlands vs Italy, tomorrow.

Capello and Van Gaal are invited by him. Two weeks ago the Dutch Football Association decided to give Seedorf his official goodbye (he never got that), nine years after his last match for Oranje.

(@Night Prowler Milan fan)

Edit: sorry I miss understood it. He will not play. Just the tribute and goodbye.

Last edited:
C8BY5nJXQAERevf.jpg

I am looking at an entirely different squad. Netherlands are fighting like lions. We came behind in the first half... It's still 1-2 for Italy. But a big part of the second half is for us, showing the Italians all corners of the field. 2-2 (at least) would be deserved. Now come on..!

Will Feyenoord be champion again? It could happen today.... Ajax - Feyenoord!

If it will happen this season, that would be something! Last time was before I knew you all you guys: 1999!

Previous Feyenoord championships during my lifetime:

I
1983/1984: with players such as Sjaak Troost, Ben Wijnstekers, Joop Hiele, Mario Been, André Hoekstra, André Stafleu, Peter Houtman, Michel van der Korput, Ruud Gullit and Johan Cruyff!

II
1992/1993: with players such as Ed de Goey, Mike Obiku, John de Wolf, Gaston Taument, Regi Blinker, John Metgod, József Kiprich, Rob Witsche, Peter Bosch and Henk Fräser.

III
1998/1999: with players such as Jerzy Dudek, Henk Fräser, Ulrich van Gobbel, Christian Gyan, Kees van Wonderen, Paul Bosvelt, Igor Korneev, Jean-Paul van Gastel, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Bonaventure Kalou, Henk Vos and last but not least: Peter van Vossen.

*Crosses fingers*

Much needed win for United today. Keeps a slight hope of a top 4 finish alive, but that hope is soon to be extinguished. Chelsea at Old Trafford on Easter Sunday, 0-0.

At the other end of the table, things are looking grim for Sunderland.

Much needed win for United today. Keeps a slight hope of a top 4 finish alive, but that hope is soon to be extinguished. Chelsea at Old Trafford on Easter Sunday, 0-0.

At the other end of the table, things are looking grim for Sunderland.

Watched the United game. The Fellaini-Pogba-Herrera midfield trio was painful to watch. Lingard-Mkhitaryan-Ibrahimovic looked good though.

The Fellaini-Pogba-Herrera midfield trio was painful to watch

If you think it is painful, think what it does to those among us who happen to support the team. Herrera in his current form brings hard work and nothing more, Fellaini is out of place and Pogba ... oh dear. He has so much talent, but he often ends up slowing down United's tempo even more than Fellaini does.

If the central midfielders showed the same desire to speed things up as Rashford, Lingard, and Shaw (when he did come forward) do, they certainly have the skills to do it. But it seems like most of the time, everyone waits for someone else to take the initiative. That's why the team looks stagnant and slow against better opposition ... like West Bromwich Albion.

When Mourinho manages to crack the code for bringing out the best of Pogba, he will be a machine.

Back