Official American Football Thread

What an awful season! Every playoff game sucked, injuries ruined seasons for great teams, Dallas got 13 wins, and to top it all off the Patriots won another Superbowl..

Great game for casual fans. What a comeback, wow. Collin, maybe you don't like the outcome, but it was a thrilling piece of sport.

Yeah, the whole season felt a little "off" to me (injuries, controversies, lack of competitive games, underwhelming playoffs etc...)...but the SB this year was about as good as it gets in American sports. And I say that as someone who hates the Patriots!

Tom Brady the GOAT?

Season of comebacks in American sports. Cavaliers came back from 3-1 down to win the NBA championship, Cubs came back from 3-1 to win the MLB championship, and now Patriots come back from 25 down to win Super Bowl.

Great game for casual fans. What a comeback, wow. Collin, maybe you don't like the outcome, but it was a thrilling piece of sport.
I won't deny that it was a good game, but being a Seahawks fan I don't like seeing the Patriots win. As you said, a great game for casual fans.

Onto the 2017 season please!

I watch American football once a year (Superbowl) and yesterday was the 6th time. What a comeback, go Patriots!!!

Fox Sports was recently added to the TV platform I have, so I could follow some games on TV for the first time, though I only watched the Super Bowl fully. It really helps because the presence of gazillion stoppages is my gripe with American football, being able to fast-forward was great.

Might try to follow the league and understand the sport next season.

More Super Bowl rings, more Super Bowl MVPs, more yards, more touchdowns, a better passer rating, better throwing percentage. So yes, I would say so.

:stupid:

Amazing game, still processing what happened. And my man (Edelman) got his very own miracle catch ala David Tyree. Doesn't get any better than this for a Pats fan.
:cheers:

The Aaron Hernandez saga is fascinating to me. For those who are unfamiliar: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19193208.

I, for one, believe he was murdered in prison, and the "suicide" story is a sham. I have no factual or evidentiary support for this belief, other than that, by all accounts, he was in a good mood after being acquitted on two murder charges earlier this week. I also totally believe he was guilty of those murders, and of the murder of Odin Lloyd -- for which he had already been convicted and was serving a life sentence, though he was appealing it -- as well as shooting another guy in the face (who survived). So he probably had it coming.

A. Saves the taxpayers of Mass some money and I have no problem him being dead.
B. So far, I think he killed himself. From what I read, he was in a one person cell and he blockaded the door as best he could from the inside before he was found
C. Really do not care about B .. because of A.

It's the duty of the guards to protect the prisoners from themselves. I'm not broken up over a guy killing himself. Weird things happen.

First game tonight! YES!!!

I predict the Packers or Vikings to win the Super Bowl this year. The Packers had a flu sweep through the locker room a few days before the last game. Rodgers looked pretty bad to me. The Vikings will be more motivated because of where the Super Bowl is this year.

I've got a friend who's a huge Patriots fan and I've become one along with her so I wouldn't mind another SB win. However, I want the Packers or Vikings the most.

Back