Official American Football Thread

Other than the Sunday Night game. Today was a very interesting day. My Seahawks of course won, Fitzmagic had another Fitztragic day.

I was really impressed with Atlanta, 500 yards for Matt Ryan. Damn! However, they're Seattle's next opponent after the bye.

Is anyone here playing fantasy football? I played a little bit the last few years, but I was unable to get into a league this season. Instead I started trying out one of those daily fantasy sites for the first time (FanDuel). I've had mixed results so far, but it has making my Sundays even more exciting, yet quite stressful. :p

Just a few thoughts on my 3 favorite teams.

WOW! What a return by Brady! And the Vikings are killing it this year! It's a huge blessing in disguise that Bridgewater got injured. The Packers aren't looking too bad either, but they're not the same team as a couple years back.

What do you guys think about the recent articles on the NFL's ratings drop? I always found it interesting that the NFL has historically been immune to viewing trends, but not so this year. Football has been a Sunday/Monday night tradition in my family for as long as I can remember (Thursdays still feel weird, though).

NFL is one of two reasons my family still has cable. My parents haven't found a good streaming alternative yet.

I guess nobody wanted to win that Arizona - Seattle game tonight. Each team had the chance to win it in overtime, and they each missed very easy field goals to end the game in a 6-6 tie.

Clearly.. Arizona put up 450 yards of offense and only scored 6 points. If Seattle's offense could have played the whole game like they did in overtime then it would have been like 30-6 or something like that. But that is on the offensive line's shoulders..

For a 6-6 tie with no TDs, that was actually really exciting nail biting stuff at the end (the lead up was painful though...).

And the Packers have once again earned this! It sure didn't come easy though.
GlpX9EW.jpg

Back