Official American Football Thread

Well we had a whole bunch of exciting college games over the weekend, and now the NFL season is about to begin!

It's always an optimistic time of year, but I still don't have much faith that the Bears will be anything better than mediocre. With Teddy Bridgewater out for the Vikings, the Packers appear to be in prime position to take the NFC North, but I'd love to be wrong! :p

The loss of Tony Romo will definitely hurt the Cowboy's chances.

Tom Brady will miss the first 4 games of the season due to the Deflategate suspension, but I'm sure the Patriots will be alright.

My Superbowl prediction for this season: Cincinnati Bengals and Arizona Cardinals.

Well we had a whole bunch of exciting college games over the weekend, and now the NFL season is about to begin!

It's always an optimistic time of year, but I still don't have much faith that the Bears will be anything better than mediocre. With Teddy Bridgewater out for the Vikings, the Packers appear to be in prime position to take the NFC North, but I'd love to be wrong! :p

The loss of Tony Romo will definitely hurt the Cowboy's chances.

Tom Brady will miss the first 4 games of the season due to the Deflategate suspension, but I'm sure the Patriots will be alright.

My Superbowl prediction for this season: Cincinnati Bengals and Arizona Cardinals.
It seems doubtful that the Bengals will win a single playoff game again.

I think the Steelers easily make the Super Bowl and it ends up being against Arizona or Seattle with one of the latter winning.

Haha wide left!! Seems a little to common as of recent.

Pretty good game tonight!

So...the kids are at the grandparents for a play-date, my wife is shopping with her girlfriends, and I have no commitments today. I was planning on having a lazy Sunday watching week 1 (I bought a take & bake pizza and a six pack in preparation).

...and now my TV won't turn on.

KKKKKHHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!

Russell Wilson's ankle was stepped on violently by Ndamukong Suh today. He was barely able to put weight on it. Despite this, he stayed in the game and led the team to a game winning TD.

Last edited:
Holy Crap! Ok, so I kinda bailed on the Chiefs game when I checked the score and they were down 21 pts. Then I rolled back in towards the end of the game and got to watch them tie it up, then win in OT. Was a pretty fun way to start the year.

That was an awesome Chiefs comeback. And my Pats shot down the Cardinals in the desert.

Here's hoping for the Chiefs to topple the Texans and the Pats to harpoon the Dolphins.

I was looking forward to tomorrow, but then I realized I had to work. I should be able to catch a morning game though, and I might be able to watch the Hawks game at work since they have TV screens in the hotel lobby!

In last Sunday's game against the Vikings, that fucking pissed me off how after Rodgers ran in the the touchdown, the asshole from the Vikes head butted him and didn't even get penalized. Yet, the Packers got a penalty for getting upset at the Vikings player.

Damn, the Vikings defense kicked ass all over Carolina! It will be interesting to see how long they can keep it up. Experts think it won't last once other teams figure out their strategy. It's great to see the Packers got a win as well.

Great win for Seattle today after only scoring one touchdown in the past few weeks. Russell is sure taking a beating this year though. There's nothing like a nice MCL sprain to start your season.

Well they've had an easy schedule so far...but their win over Steelers really surprised me. They have Lions and Redkins next after the Bye...both teams they should be able to beat at this point.
They should be fine for now. They have the Vikings in a few weeks followed by an absolutely grueling stretch facing Green Bay, Seattle and Cincinnati. But if they keep up the way they're playing, I could easily see them winning the division.

Back