1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOW WATCHING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onhell, Sep 1, 2004.

1. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

2. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Bland characters apart from Marlow, but the visual spectacle totally made up for it. Visually one of the best movies of the year. Incredible CGI for Kong and the other monsters. Didn't take itself too seriously and broke some cliches, like the heroic sacrifice of that one guy and the grand speech to convince the villain he's wrong.

3. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

4. Night Prowler

5. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Not my opinion. I meant your description made it sound shite.

6. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Nah, the movie is shite.

7. Night Prowler

8. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

I've been watching A LOT of movies lately. My brother recommended a website that posts movies after they've been in theaters for over a month and thanks to my big screen tv and surround sound, I have my personal theater.

Out of all the ones that I have seen the only ones that still stand out to me are the new King Kong reboot, which was made to set up a Godzilla vs. King Kong sequel and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman was VERY enjoyable, very well made and I loved her arc as the film progressed. I won't say too much about it, even in spoiler tags as I could go on for days, but great great film.

King Kong is a classic monster movie, but I enjoyed the visuals which were a call back to Apocalypse Now. Very fun and I liked watching Tom Hiddlestine in something other than a Marvel movie.

9. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Watched Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek story on Netflix last night. Spooky. Claims to be the best documented UFO abduction story.

Onhell likes this.
  10. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

When I'm able to re-up my subscription I'll check it out then. Ghost crap and UFO stuff I'm there lol. Last good series I watched on Netflix was The Expanse, great sci-fi detective story with Thomas Jane (The Punisher 2004). Great job on both the Sci and the Fi.

11. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Saw Wonder Woman last night. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.

Brigantium and terrell39 like this.
  12. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I watched The Founder on the plane yesterday .. really interesting movie ... a good biopic with some fine actors. Entertaining and informative.

13. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I never reported back on Wonder Woman. Yes, definitely one of the better ones from the Marvel and DC universes to me. Only a handful of small gripes other than a couple of historical WTFs. It needs a sequel, and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't get one.

Onhell and terrell39 like this.
  14. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Love reading WW reviews. But how about we post them on the DC Extended Universe thread?

15. MrKnickerbocker

Who wants to Paypel/Venmo/Bitcoin me to recut Twin Peaks Season 2 into something worth watching?

16. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Just rewatch it ASAP - season 3 is gold. :)

17. MrKnickerbocker

Oh, I am, but I'm having a real hard time getting through the Season Two melodrama garbage. It's like...can't James, Josie, Nadine, and all of Windam Earle stuff just fall into a deep, dark hole already?!

18. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Yeah, it didn't live up to some of the great promises. ;) Be sure to go back to Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces as well!

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  19. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

terrell39 likes this.
  20. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

God, this is such a pile of shit.