1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOW WATCHING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onhell, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Maybe I went a bit too far, but I still don't see anything in this trailer that I haven't seen before. I do not anticipate a story that we haven't been told before, nor one that is told from an original or unique new angle. That's what bothers me.

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  2. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Watched Firefly.

A series that gets better with each rewatch.

terrell39 and MrKnickerbocker like this.
  3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

And sadder with each rewatch.

Maturin likes this.
  4. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

New Alien: Covenant trailer:

5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Plowing through Law and Order while working .. up to Season 8 of 19 ... at this pace will be done in a month

Last season of Bates Motel is off to a good start

6. terrell39

LOVE Bates Motel!

7. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Me too .. the first season and one of the story lines in season 2 were so-so .. but seasons 3 and 4 have been fantastic. The kid they have playing Norman is perfect for the role. I was not sure they could pull it off, but they made a good show out of it

terrell39 likes this.
  8. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

It's come so, so far from the atmosphere of that first Alien though. It's now just another huge franchise battling it out for viewing figures with the others. Why does Scott feel so compelled to keep making more of these? To me it just looks like another dull action/horror film with nothing new to say.

9. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

You've seen good directing too many times? Sorry, but this is exactly what modern horror/action films totally lack; decent directing. They have zero atmosphere, no restraint, cinematography is flaps, etc. This, and not the alien itself, are what made the movie better than just another SF flick.
    But he's not making anything like the first movie. All he's doing is focusing on all the nerdy SF elements which, in my opinion, are ultimately totally unimportant. The xenomorph(s) (the egg discovery scene, etc) in the first movie inspired awe. Scott is now showing me mouthfucking aliens, huge cartwheeling spacecraft, boring stock characters, caesarean sections by robots, Mike from Neighbors all old like, and more aliens than I give a fuck about. None of this is important and yet he's filling these films with this crap. This latest effort doesn't look like it's going to be any different...

10. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Did you see Alien: Covenant already, Cried?

terrell39 likes this.
  11. terrell39

New trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

(will Gangland be the theme song?):

Forostar likes this.
  12. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Shut it. No, of course I haven't seen it. All that crap I listed was from Prometheus; which clearly made such an impression on you that you don't remember any it. Either that or you ain't seen it...

13. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Ahh, got you! Still, I don't hold out much hope. Even Alien 3 was less offensive than Prometheus.

14. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Just saw Get Out. Fucking fantastic movie, creepy, funny, one of the scarier movies I've seen in years. If you like good horror, go see it.

15. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Yesterday I saw the third Department Q movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4088268/

First two: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2438644 and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3140100

They are based on Jussi Adler Olsen's (writer from Denmark) detective/crime novels. I don't think the movies are breaking any new ground, but the cases are very interesting and unpredictable (although at first they seem predictable :p). It's kind of a cliche that the main characters are an asshole cop who lost his previous partner and a new optimistic guy, but again, it just works. Carl Mørck is the asshole cop and the guy who plays him is just incredible, especially in the 3rd movie near the end when he completely loses his shit. All 3 movies are great but the 2nd one is (so far) the best, then the 3rd and 1st. There are 7 books written in the series already (1o planned), and the plan is to adapt 10 books over time (4th movie will be released next year). I think all 3 are on US Netflix, so check them out :)

16. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time today. I know, I know, but you name a classic movie (or any movie at all) and chances are I haven't seen it. And that's the exact reason I went out of my way to watch it.

17. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

18. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Great movie. I was already familiar with its storyline and had seen most of its great scenes before.

Brigantium, terrell39 and Ariana like this.
  19. terrell39

Kong Skull Island is worth the hype. Felt more like the pace and intensity of the 1st & 3rd Jurassic park films. Good prequel to Godzilla. John C Reilly is good comic relief but he is also our island history and tour guide. Really liked Brie as well (looking forward to seeing her as Captain Marvel)

Be sure to stay for the post credit scene. Helps set up the next film in the series.

Wonder what becomes of Brie & Tom's characters later. Since KSU takes place in the 1970's, they would be in their 70's by the time the next 2 films take place.

Interesting to read that the Samuel Jackson role originally was cast to JK Simmons and John C Reilly role was cast to Michael Keaton but both dropped out due to schedule conflicts. Both would have been great in those roles but I have no complaints about Samuel & John's performances

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Robin of Sherwood. Classic 80s cheesy faux medieval. Absolute magic. I was hooked on this show about a decade ago.