NOW READING

Alstair McClain - Floodgate

load of terrorists bomb Hollands dykes and such. A Lietenant infiltrates another organisation and finds that they are one and the same... ill finish it within the next week (casual reader mostly)

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 5 2004, 12:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 5 2004, 12:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Do you know if there is an English translation available? [/quote]
Just found it was translated : The Devil's Cloth : A History of Stripes by Michel Pastoureau, translation by Jody Gladding, Washington Square Press, June 2003. Around $ 13 on Amazon.
Enjoy the reading. Nearly finished it : it is really interesting.

Which one is Mort about, Shadow? I re-read The Light Fantastic the other day.

i have every single terry pratchett apart from that new one - the monsterous regiment. but every other one [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

unfinished tales (tolkien),before that,the monstrous regiment (pratchet)

Heritage of Shannara series (Terry Brooks)

It's a good series.

Left Hand of Darkness- Ursula Leguin
It's a Science-Fiction/ Fantasy novel. Kind of strange about a man that goes to another planet. Although it is quite good and won the Hugo Award.

Currently reading She Stoops To Conquer by Goldsmith (18th century play) really funny and The Declaration of Independance and other great documents of American History. My humanities course rocks, I'll be reading eight more books in the next 8 weeks so i'll post a lot here in that time lol

Still reading more of the Ancient Egyptians but getting to more of the bible times with Pharoahs keeping the Jewish slaves,,, and what they used to do and how the monuments were built very interesting....

Also reading Patrick by Stephen Lawhead

very good read

Maskerade by Terry Pratchett (his best, I'm reading it for the 3rd time) [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Postcards from a friend of mine from Gothenburg, Sweden.

And the help file for Microsoft Access.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Apr 6 2004, 03:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Apr 6 2004, 03:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And the help file for Microsoft Access. [/quote]
You sad sad git.

Those things arent even helpfull.

Well, good luck LooseCanon... I really do sympathize !

Nothing else worth mentionning in your readings ?

Yes! Jaws of Darkness by Harry Turtledove! It's finally out!

The Darkness series is historical fantasy. What Turtledove has done is created a fantasy world and played out the events of the Second World War in it. He uses about 15 viewpoint characters to show how the story evolves from all viewpoints; common soldiers, resistance leaders, generals, diplomats, prisoners of war, civilians, police officers, etc.

In the way he's done his fantasy, technology has been entirely replaced by magic. Instead of guns you have "sticks" that generate rays of magical fire. Bombs are replaced by "eggs" which explode with magical force. Armour-covered behemoths (think furry rhinos) are like tanks, while dragons and leviathans replace airplanes and submarines.

The series is amazing, and I've been tracking it pretty eagerly for about four years now. Jaws is the 5th of 6 books in the series, and I can't wait for the last one to come out.

I´m reading Icebound by Dean Koontz and Help Yourself by Dave Pelzer.

Back