Now Playing (Video Games)

Having trouble with the AI in my party...

They never do as I wish...

A common problem for me when it comes to RPG with script-AI... :(

Currently playing Football Manager 2010, and Modern Warfare 2.

I find that if I don't put in a good couple of hours at least twice a week, I can't stay competitive online.

Can't wait for FFXIII. It is released this coming tuesday, apparently.

I am sadly addicted to the new call of duty, I reached 4 days online last night. I've owned it since the day it came out, so between me and my brother we've averaged one day a month dedicated to call of duty.

I'm 65 games into the first season of my second Dynasty in NHL 07.... damn that's old LOL. I don't have a 360, so I can't get the new ones just yet. My first dynasty was with the Edmonton Oilers and I CRUSHED records left and right. Ryan Smyth had 137 goals in one season, Sergei Samsonov had 113 in one and 103 in another. broke the 200 point mark.... 5 times or so. I kept making it harder on myself by increasing the dificulty, shortening the periouds, using crappier players/draft picks, but my first line still abolished the opposition time and time again. I had at least 6 players that had at least 5 100 point seasons in a row...

Let's see what the bruins are made of hehe, oh I traded for Samsonov :)

I have not really got into any games for a good long while now but I think that ill change when SC@ comes out.  I nearly failed my first year of uni due to the first one, although I am far less obsessive now I think my productivity might take a sudden nose dive when the second one is released.

Nicola
x

I bought FFXIII on release, and have had mixed feelings so far. They have seriously streamlined the battle system, which is both good and bad. I won't go into great detail, just incase anyone wants to play it for themselves.

The first 2 or 3 hours or so are very poor though. The story is quite unclear, the battles are far too easy and offer little in the way of variety/customisation. It picks up after that though, so anyone reading this should persevere if put off by the opening sequences.

I haven't been properly chuffed by a Final Fantasy game in over 10 years. I thought 8 was really terrible and that 9 was better but not good enough, and 10 had no appeal for me.

The last FF-related game I really liked was Kingdom Hearts II.

Still on modern warfare 2 online, me and my cousin are doing the spec ops which is great fun, looking forward to mafia 2, splinter cell conviction and the new medal of honor 

I've only played FFX and I thought it was just about the worst game I've ever put 20+ hours into. Now on the brightside I still put 20 hours into it but a lot of that was doing the silly Blitzball game repeatedly (it was fun!). I can't remember how far into the story I got but I didn't complete it I don't think.

I haven't played much recently except for the odd Age of Empires II game, pretty excited for the Dragon Age expansion out on Friday :D

Real World said:
Wang Ball

that name...

Physics-is-gay-1.jpg

Settler's of Catan.

It was originally started as a board game, but is also a video game.  I've been playing this a lot in the last two weeks and even played a couple of games on-line yesterday.  It is becoming addicting.  The wise thing to do would be to stop, but I'm getting really into it.

Speaking of video board games. I've been playing a lot of Risk II lately. I still can't make it past round 6 :(

The Legend Of Zelda.
It's pretty awesome actually, first time I'm taking it seriously. I'm gonna move up the Zelda games untill I finish most of them. I started the good ones several times but always stopped for some reason after a couple of hours.

I love the original Zelda. I still needed an internet walk-through to finish it though hehe. It frustrated the hell out of me when I was a kid.

I downloaded a map right away, you can't get by in this game without some sort of guide.
I'm in the 6th temple right now, and it's a great adventure so far.

Back