1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea threat / impending escalation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forostar, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

I felt like opening a new topic, but if anyone objects, that fine with me, we can merge this or continue this in another one.

To kick this off I collected some quotes from various North Korea topics from the past. If you want to read the full discussions, have a look.

2017:
    I guess we don't need to be Nostradamus or Clairvoyant to seriously take into account with an escalation between North Korea and the USA.

There is a serious chance that North Korea will be attacked.

What do you all think?

A: Will this happen very soon?
    B: Should this happen at all?
    C: Should this happen very soon (the sooner, the better)?

One month ago North Korea launched missiles that landed 186-217 miles (300-350km) from the Oga peninsula in Japan’s Akita prefecture, according to the country’s defence minister. We've heard a lot of war language. America is sending an aircraft carrier.

According to this organization that follows North Korea's program, the country is preparing a new nuclear test.

How do people feel about a preventive attack? It could have dangerous consequences. But doing nothing means that one madman in North Korea could push a button and lounge a missile on land.

D: How do we (still) look at the diplomacy/sanctions option? If North Korea should not be attacked, what shall we say to the people who fear North Korea? Don't worry, we'll talk them out of it. Just be patient, the missiles can't reach you yet?

E: Invasion: will this be realistic? Or better than bombing? I know this sounds stupid: violence is violence, but when talking is not working, probably some preventive action will be undertaken soon.

F: Assassination? This was discussed when the previous Kim was into power. Would this help anything, or enough? Who would replace the man?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

A. No. We've had this kind of language before.
    B. "Should" what happen? Should we have a war? No.
    C. No.
    D. I don't see any evidence of diplomacy in action. And, yes, don't worry.
    E. No.
    F. No.

3. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Not too worried about this, because I think China would really like to avoid a war here and play the soothing role between the U.S. and North Korea.

Agreed with Cried on the specific questions.

4. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon SCREAM FOR ME MINNESOTA!!!

And another failed missile test. However, a concern is the 2 satellites they have in orbit that pass over the USA 2-4 times a day because they could be equipped with nuclear weapons or some sort of electronic pneumatic weaponry that could take out the country's power grid.

5. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I highly doubt a country like NK that can't launch a missile properly would be able to get a nuke onto a satellite.

Wogmidget likes this.
  6. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

Yep. Even if, by some crazy happening, North Korea could get its hands on a booster big enough to get a nuke-equipped satellite into orbit (Which would have to be equivalent to a Russian Proton or R-7 at least), they wouldn't have the infrastructure to launch it.

7. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

When KJU puts on those massive military parades is anyone else reminded of a child playing with toy soldiers? It sure looks impressive but with the country's track record of failed missile tests what can their military actually do?

8. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

This is really all you need to know about North Korea

[​IMG]

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

10. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

11. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I think North Korea has long been obsessed with what has happened to states like Iraq that gave up their nuclear program and they see nukes as a safeguard from US interference. I really cannot see a situation where they launch first.

I *can* see a situation where Trump strikes North Korea, and they launch in retaliation.

12. Travis The Dragon

I can see the latter as well. In fact, before yesterday's failed test, it was rumored quite a bit that we were going to attack them if the test had been a success.

13. Perun

Perun At the Heart of Winter Staff Member

14. Travis The Dragon

From: http://defconwarningsystem.com/2017...d-the-risk-of-a-first-strike-in-a-korean-war/

15. Perun

16. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

I'm genuinely not sure who's more dangerous; Kim or Donald.

17. Travis The Dragon

18. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

The Next News Network is FAKE NEWS, Travis. Sad!

Mosh likes this.
  19. Travis The Dragon

Wrong! They're real unlike the CORRUPT media who hides the truth and won't tell you what the NNN will.

20. Perun

NNN aren't telling you anything. Listen closely to what the anchor is saying. He uses a lot of words with very little content. The facts he is actually stating could be summarised by a few lines, and the rest is just interpretation and speculation.