Nightwish

I keep meaning to get this DVD. It was truly a spectacular show at Wembley, having been there makes it all the more special

Watching the first show right now. Production is slightly worse than on the previous DVD, but still pretty good. Only visual fault I can find is that the lights are going too fast at times, it's seizure inducing (Steve Harris approves).

It grew on me in the past few months, didn't like it as much during the Survivor (speaking of, I definitely want a repeat after the next album :)).

It's amazing to hear the power and identity Marco had in his voice, even at such a young age. He clearly had a form that he built over the years, but the tones were always there.

Also, that Conquest cover is quite odd. Strips all of the power out of the song. I've heard the After Forever one before and it's also rather odd since Floor has changed most of the actual melodies instead of changing the key of the song. Those "yeah's" are kinda painful. Sounds a bit forced and is certainly not the best use of Floor's voice. I do appreciate that both of bands chose to make the song their own, despite my thoughts on the results.

New live album is pretty good. Not as awesome as the previous one due to slightly inferior sound (and songs that appear on both albums sound better on the first one) but still pretty pretty good.

New songs all sound amazing. Kai is just as good as Juha, but... he's one of my favorite drummers ever, but I'd still like to see Juha back. His style fits the band better.

They are kinda boring when it comes to talking between songs though :p I just skip those parts every time. Also the narrations in The Poet & The Pendulum and The Greatest Show On Earth are so fucking annoying. Just cut the crap. Don't care about Dawkins either.

That works well on stage with the on screen images, lights and sound, imo. Maybe it doesn't come across so well on a video, but the show has a son et lumiere atmosphere overall. It's something bigger and grander than a gig.

Yeah, Nightwish has always been rather bland as far as crowd talk. But the music is great live. I would love if they cut the talking parts, but you know The Dead Boy and his dramatics...

Nightwish have announced a nine-month long world tour for next year. So far they have a bunch of dates in North America in March and April. Hopefully I get the chance to see them somewhere.

Yeah, I need to get Chicago tickets ASAP! I'm excited to know what they mean by "older" songs. Honestly, I hope it's a "play classics" show and not a bunch of tune off the first two (mediocre) albums.

There's also a Kamelot tour the next month. It's gonna be a power metal kind of spring.

This is what I'd like to see:

1. Storytime
2. Weak Fantasy
3. Yours Is An Empty Hope
4. Wishmaster
5. Bless The Child
6. Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean
7. Over The Hills & Far Away
8. She Is My Sin
9. Ever Dream
10. The Phantom Of The Opera
11. Beauty Of The Beast
12. While Your Lips Are Still Red
13. Higher Than Hope
14. Sahara
15. Our Decades In The Sun
16. Ghost Love Score
-
17. Wish I Had An Angel
18. Nemo
19. Last Ride Of The Day

Well I kinda doubt they'll play 20 "new" songs :p Plus this was more of my own wishlist since I never saw them live.

I only know the most recent album, which is great and the reason I want to see Nightwish. I don't know their older stuff at all, but I do prefer Floor Jansen to Tarja Turunen. A lot.

Back