Nightwish

Simone Simons from Epica and Oliver Palotai from Kamelot are both still touring despite having a kid, although dunno if they tour at the same time. Sharon and Robert from Within Temptation are married and Robert stopped touring in 2011.

Both Sabaton and especially Nightwish are big enough to bring along family members on tour, so it shoudn't be any problem. Jukka and Marco have kids and have toured for years.

Not everybody takes young kids/babies on tour. Steve might have done it, but I doubt if any other Maiden band members did it. The people you mention probably left their babies behind. I think Simone left her baby behind with the father when she toured (close gigs excluded). I don't know how they did it if Palotai had to tour. Maybe his (band's) schedule was adapted to Epica's. Not sure if Sabaton will adapt to Nightwish or the other way around. That's the crux I guess. If that can't be combined (if both are busy at the same time), other family members will probably help out, rather than seeing them stopping with their band. Just my 2 cent guesses.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but a newborn baby with two members of bands at a fairly high point of popularity doesn't bode well to me. A young child is different from literally an infant. Hopefully, everything works out perfectly and they're both happy and the baby is beautiful and Sabaton releases an album with a song as good as Wolfpack and Nightwish releases another incredible album but without whale sounds and they tour together and the baby headbangs from his bacstage crib

Evergrey - In Orbit (ft. Floor Jansen)

She sounds great on this track, mostly because she gets to do some really cool vocal runs. Hopefully she'll get more freedom with melodies like this in future Nightwish releases.

Also, I need to start listening to Evergrey.

No, I'm sure I could pick myself out from the crowd at Download 2013.

Oh wait, that was on Sky Arts, it wasn't a live album

15107267_10153841046336152_4534105925407404214_n.jpg

In October 2016, Ayreon's official Facebook page posted a video announcing a new album for 2017, mentioning a cast of multiple and yet to be announced singers and also his move to a new label: Mascot Label Group. So far, these singers have been confirmed: James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Tommy Giles Rogers (Between the Buried and Me), Simone Simons (Epica), Mike Mills (Toehider), Floor Jansen (Nightwish), Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus) and Tobias Sammet (Edguy, Avantasia). Also confirmed as guest guitarists are Paul Gilbert and Guthrie Govan.

In November 2016, it has been announced that there will be a first ever official Ayreon concert in September 2017 (technically the second Ayreon concert, first being The Theater Equation), entitled Ayreon Universe. The show will feature 16 singers performing lead and backing vocals and eight instrumentalists. Singers include Floor Jansen and Marco Hietala (Nightwish), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Damian Wilson (Threshold), Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), Tommy Karevik (Kamelot), Jonas Renkse (Katatonia), Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gentle Storm), among many others, as well as Arjen Lucassen himself. The show's set list will contain songs from every Ayreon album, including songs from the upcoming release and selected songs from Lucassen's other project, Star One.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayreon#New_album_and_first_official_concert_.282016-present.29

15626520_1152862921501215_2347611246019165681_o.jpg

@ Raskasta Joulua, a Christmas show in which traditional Finnish Christmas songs take on a rock / metal coat.

Back