1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicko's gongs

Discussion in 'A Matter Of Life And Death' started by Raven, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Raven

Raven Ancient Mariner

You got all excited when you clicked on this, didn't you? Perverts. :lol:

Anyway, although this topic is already veering in the direction of madness, I have a serious question (two, in fact!) to ask of you.

1. After watching the AMoLaD Bonus DVD, where Nicko mentions that his beloved gong is used in two of the tracks, I've always tried to figure out which ones they are.  I know that there is a gong used at the end of 'These Colours Don't Run', but I always get caught up in the music later on in the album, and forget to listen for the gong...can someone tell me where Nicko's second gong is?*

2. Has Nicko used a gong on any other Iron Maiden records before?  If so, where?  I know that Clive used one at the end of Total Eclipse.

*And the disturbing potential for double-entendre continues... :blush:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clive also used his gong on Charlot the Harlot :oops:

Sorry, I just had to get that gem out :p

3. ohgar_boy

ohgar_boy Trooper

He uses it live more, I think. Or perhaps I'm just conjuring up images of John Bonham with Nicko's face, banging on a gong with my imagination.

Edit: Wow, didn't realize this thread was so old. heh...

4. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

It had to be old with Connor posting in it.  :p

5. Powergirl81

Powergirl81 Trooper

Charlotte is a gem!

Hard to think of studio songs Nicko used the gong.....

6. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

Who the hell is Conor?

Seriously, I do miss his anarchic posts. ;)

7. XoRRoX

XoRRoX Invader

I think he uses it in 'For The Greater Good of God' at 4:55 (not sure, but it sounds like it :) )

8. Mmm...Donuts

Mmm...Donuts Trooper

Sounds a bit like it too, it may be initially sounding like a bass drum, but its more edgy. I think it's either a gong or something similar.

9. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

The Legacy, 8:40-something.