Nicko McBrain

That would be special if he would work with these guitarists!

I think Nicko can also warm up without Maiden. He can with Maiden, he will with Maiden, but probably only in the form of rehearsals. It has been decades ago since Maiden played some secret pre-tour-gigs.

Last edited:
In one of Nicko's many interviews, around the launch of BoS (posted on here somewhere), he mentioned rehearsals for the tour; and while he implied early 2016, I didn't get the impression it would be that close to the start of the tour. I thought it sounded more like January. Even so, interesting...

That would be special if he would work these guitarists!

I think Nicko can also warm up without Maiden. He can with Maiden, he will with Maiden, but probably only in the form of rehearsals. It has been decades ago since Maiden played some secret pre-tour-gigs

Yes that is true. But if you look from another perspective rehearsing in a room is different than laying in front of a crowd. Considering that Maiden won't play in fron of a crowd for 18 months at that time I would consider that as an option, because usualy they have 3 weeks of rehearsals and then a few days of production rehearsals. That date falls right in the middle of that. And Nicko almost always plays Maiden songs (apart from odd Hendrix or Sabbath here and there) so if the others want to do a few songs in front of a crowd before the tour, there is a chance.

In one of Nicko's many interviews, around the launch of BoS (posted on here somewhere), he mentioned rehearsals for the tour; and while he implied early 2016, I didn't get the impression it would be that close to the start of the tour. I thought it sounded more like January. Even so, interesting...

Even if they have rehearsals earlier, they will have production rehearsals a few days before the gig at the venue.

Actually here's the original discussion about it:
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

PLUS:
"We got special camera's on the new boy in the band..."
Bruce will be doing the final part of his 747 training in December.
"Yeh, we will be rehearsing in Florida" [in January].
And not just AtG: "The Duellist, Sun & Steel".

Interesting stuff...
See the link to Nicko's interview above my post, by Knicks.
Even if they have rehearsals earlier, they will have production rehearsals a few days before the gig at the venue.
Absolutely, not saying your idea ain't got legs; just throwing a few more "facts" around.
That would be special if he would work with these guitarists!
He's played with Malmsteen before at that Marshall 50th event. You posted footage of it in this thread!

From Iron Maiden Pub:

Trust, 1982
12274315_10208067167256613_5614153346242090919_n.jpg

Some vids I found from Nicko's Rock
n Roll Ribs party on 12/5:

Speed of Light:
Trooper/RTTH:
Hallowed:
Rime part 1:
Rime part 2:

Nicko sounds and looks great! Seems like he's really started taking care of himself a bit more in recent months. Full setlist (according to an FC member) below:

Speed Of Light
Wasted Years
2 Minutes To Midnight
Wrathchild
Flight Of Icarus
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
The Trooper
Run To The Hills
Where Eagles Dare
Iron Maiden
Aces High
Blood Brothers
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Also- this is the second McBrainiacs gig in a row where he's using Sonors again... this time what appears to be a vintage Phonic or Sonorlite kit!

Do you think it looks like he's lost wait or something? I can't really tell.
From some pics floating around on Facebook, I'd say so! I know a few months ago at Ripper's bar in OH he said he was supposedly not drinking- which he reiterated in that Classic Rock interview around the time TBOS was released.

Bit o' trivia: Nicko's playing what appears to be a late 80s Sonor Performer- a midrange kit below their Phonic line (Phonic Plus is what he used with Maiden from 83-88). The snare he's using here is an HLD505, the same drum featured in the Maiden England film! B)

Really cool indeed to see him play like this. What I don't get is how his second tom is covered so much by his ride. I mean, how can he play so easily around it?

I must say it's pretty cool that he does this. If I lived anywhere close I'd definitely go and hang out there from time to time. Does anyone know exactly how often he puts on a whole show like this? and is there a price of admission to these special live shows or does he just show up and play?

Back