Motorhead New CD detail

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
MOTÖRHEAD will be releasing "Inferno", their first album of new material since 2002's "Hammered", on June 22 through Metal-Is Records, a division of the Sanctuary Records Group.

"This album is real musicians playing real music. There were no rules," Lemmy said in a press release.

Guitar legend Steve Vai makes a guest appearance on the tracks "Terminal Show" and "Down on Me". According to MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy, Vai's involvement was the result of a casual social encounter with Lemmy at the famous Rainbow Bar & Grill in Hollywood.

"I was going in and he was coming out and we ran into each other. I told him we were recording and invited him down to sit in. He took me up on the offer," Lemmy said.

MOTÖRHEAD has a distinctive musical style — nobody grinds out a furious rock 'n' roll hybrid of heavy metal and punk like this band. But Lemmy always has a few tricks up his sleeve, and MOTÖRHEAD albums tend to have a song or two that veer away from their trademark sound. On "Inferno" the honor belongs to the slinky "Whorehouse Blues", appropriately drenched in bluesy acoustic guitar and harmonica.

"I like to surprise people," said Lemmy.

MOTÖRHEAD will promote "Inferno" with yet another world tour this year.

"Inferno" is an enhanced CD. The enhancement will allow fans to sign up for MOTÖRHEAD Internet service at www.motorheadrules.com.

"Inferno" track listing:

01. Terminal Show
02. Killers
03. In the Name of Tragedy
04. Suicide
05. Life's a Bitch
06. Down on Me
07. In the Black
08. Fight
09. In the Year of the Wolf
10. Keys to the Kingdom
11. Smiling Like a Killer