Morbid Angel

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Any fans of Morbid Angel here? I never listened to them, but a few weeks ago, they announced the release of their new album. So I decided to wait for it, give it a listen, and then start listening to their earlier albums. The new album leaked a few days ago, and I listened to it its entirety on YouTube <_< It features techno/rap/industrial beats, horrendous lyrics, and all sorts of horrible stuff that come with those music genres :puke: I'm not really interested now in listening to their other albums. Some reviewer compared this change in style to Iron Maiden recording an album with reggae songs, or Nile recording an album with R&B influences. Anyone else heard the album?

Night Prowler said:
Iron Maiden recording an album with reggae songs,

The Wicker Mon
For the Greater Good of Jah
Out of the Silent Babylon

/obvious

Night Prowler said:
Any fans of Morbid Angel here? I never listened to them, but a few weeks ago, they announced the release of their new album. So I decided to wait for it, give it a listen, and then start listening to their earlier albums. The new album leaked a few days ago, and I listened to it its entirety on YouTube <_< It features techno/rap/industrial beats, horrendous lyrics, and all sorts of horrible stuff that come with those music genres :puke: I'm not really interested now in listening to their other albums. Some reviewer compared this change in style to Iron Maiden recording an album with reggae songs, or Nile recording an album with R&B influences. Anyone else heard the album?

Eh,

1. You are interested in Morbid Angel
2. You hear the new album, but you realize that it does NOT sound like their previous work
3. Now you're not interested to check earlier work.

This doesn't make sense to me! :)

I don't know them that well but I do know that they made an acoustic instrumental in which the guitar playing is so damn beautiful that it hit me emotionally everytime I heard it (last time 10 years or so):

Check this short (1:41) piece: Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways.

And here's a clip when they ruled Wacken in 2006.
http://youtu.be/q-dSKJ3gdEw

Forostar said:
1. You are interested in Morbid Angel
2. You hear the new album, but you realize that it sounds like crap.
3. Now you're not interested to check earlier work.
Fixed :bigsmile:

I will eventually check them out, but in a few years, I guess.

Back