'moonchild' symbol commentary..

A

Anonymous

in the moonchild symbol commentary thing, you put that Alvin (the seventh son) was born in a boat on a river with all his family aboard, now correct me if i'm mistaken, but if its the Card book, then his mother is bearing him on a wagon stuck in a river,and everyone but the mother and father was on shore, trying to pull the wagon out; because the mother wouldn't leave it; when the Unmaker (he could be called the devil but none of the books i've read so far name him so); who controls the water, sends a tree to crash into the wagon with unborn alvin and his mother in it, but his brother jumps at the tree and diverts it, so his mother lives; and he lives long enough for Alvin to be born, in a roadhouse up the way; then dies, and when Alvin is finally born her mother finds out about Vigor's (the brother) death and grieves immediately, not even holding her newborn son... i just thought you'd might want to know, im actually reading the Alvin Maker series, and i figure if i had the knowledge i might as well share, right?

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Prowler! I read the book quite a long time ago and I'd need to re-read this particular bit (I was quoting from memory, but I must be getting old [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ).

Don't hesitate to post more stuff if you feel so enclined [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

the only weird thing is...i can't relate anything from the book(s) to the lyrics, and i've been trying hard, the only things are just wild speculation..i think steve just did the title-track for the book, and just went all artistic liscense with it and made up his own stuff..like with Alexander the Great; "his soliders WOULDNT follow him into india" when they did..

Well, I do agree here. But, in any case, if you have more thoughts to share (as wacky as you think they may be), please don't hesitate to do so. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back