Misheard lyrics

Having never had a copy of Powerslave until a few years after first seeing LAD on VHS I was puzzled as to why Bruce sang "through the fuckin ice." It didnt seem very Maiden to me. The moment I got Powerslave on cassette I went straight to that line on the sleeve. Ahhhh, fog and ice, FOG and ice....much more Maiden...

In the first time that i heard Fear of the Dark, i was sure that "the unknown troubles on your mind" were "criando troubles on your mind", which translates to "making troubles on your mind"...it made sense (although there were no reason to Maiden use a portuguese word in the middle of the main song of the album. I mean, before Como Estais Amigos)

Exodus "funeral hymn" first line of chorus i thought was "concrete the reaper"; turns out it is "come greet the reaper"

"All around us: Angry Birds
Guide the future by the past
Long ago the mould was cast

For they marched up to Bastille Day
La guillotine claimed her bloody prize
Hear the echoes of the centuries
Power isn't all that money buys..."

Women and children and cows attack

Moving to fire the mainstream Obamas

The evil that men do is all I know

Tell me why I had to beat a powerslave

When I was living this lie, fear was my game.

Just a few Smarties between someone happy and one sad

Headlong in this longest day

Take you and your blade and break your bones
in two - break your balls in too.

Chain up the demons set free
Stranger to me

Listening to Brave New World happens to be a mondegreen treat.

Apart from

"Cannibals live by the waves
Nowhere left to run - alligator son!"

There's also

"Well done, Miss;
House of pain
Makes no sense of it all"

And

"Nooooomaaaads, you're the riders of hysteeeeeeriaaaaaaa"

KISS - Let Me Know; Paul's part of the song I thought he was singing "the neighbors and the Nike's"...turns out it's "the neighbors and night keeps" :facepalm:

KISS - Let Me Know; Paul's part of the song I thought he was singing "the neighbors and the Nike's"...turns out it's "the neighbors and night keeps" :facepalm:
You can't have "misheard" Kiss as much as this anyway: :D

. When I was only two years into learning English, this is what the chorus of "The Clairvoyant" sounded like to me: "And he takes the lift, and he flies to die / and it's time to meet Jamaica". :facepalm:

Last edited:
The Cannibal Corpse's the only way, it's really impossible to climb

Last edited:
Back