Metallica

That Grammys performance was a fucking joke. They were absolutely treated like shit in everything from the lack of an introduction to James' mic not even fucking being turned on to the cameramen literally only filming Gaga the entire time...what a disaster. Even with his level of anger, Hetfield was far more composed than he should have been.

That said, Gaga sounded pretty good. That pairing might actually work with a decent sound engineer.

In other Metallica news:

emebLwx.png

May 10 - Baltimore, MD - M&T Bank Stadium*^
May 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field*^
May 14 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium*^
May 17 - Uniondale, NY - New Coliseum^
May 19 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium ^
May 21 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range Festival (SOLD OUT)
June 04 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium^
June 07 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field*^
June 11 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium*^
June 14 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome*
June 16 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium*
June 18 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field*
July 05 - Orlando, FL - Camping World Stadium*^
July 07 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium*^
July 09 - Atlanta, GA - Suntrust Park*^
July 12 - Detroit, MI - Comercia Park*^
July 14 - Quebec City, QC- Festival D'Ete
July 16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre*^
July 19 - Montreal, QB - Parc Jean-Drapeau*^
July 29 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl*+
August 04 - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium*+
August 06 - San Diego, CA - Petco Park*+
August 09 - Seattle, WA - Centurylink Field*+
August 14 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place*+
August 16 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium*+

*With AVENGED SEVENFOLD
^With VOLBEAT
+With GOJIRA

Last edited:
Churning out the same record 10 times with no direction like most big metal bands out there do is not selling out apparently, but wearing a fancy hat and opening an art gallery is.

Pandering to your audience to make sure you get their money is selling out. Doing different things because you like them isn't. I do hope one day the perception changes.

Gaga is pretty good and she has a lot of respect for heavy metal.

Didn't she hang out with Maiden as well?

Last edited:
Churning out the same record 10 times with no direction like most big metal bands out there do is not selling out apparently, but wearing a fancy hat and opening an art gallery is.

Pandering to your audience to make sure you get their money is selling out. Doing different things because you like them isn't. I do hope one day the perception changes.

Didn't she hang out with Maiden as well?

This was the 'look at us, we're cool too' period which is the epitome of selling out. It's everything combined and put in context, from the logo change, image change, style change, art escapades, playing at Loolapalooza or whatever that shit is called.
None of the singles from Garage were metal covers, we have rock, we have punk and we have country but no fucking metal single from Metallica.

Edit : cleansing ears with Metallica - Blitzkrieg right now

This was the 'look at us, we're cool too' period which is the epitome of selling out. It's everything combined and put in context, from the logo change, image change, style change, art escapades, playing at Loolapalooza or whatever that shit is called.
None of the singles from Garage were metal covers, we have rock, we have punk and we have country but no fucking metal single from Metallica.

Exploring different things and evolving as people is selling out, huh? They were supposed to put on the torn up t-shirts and look like hobos that got wasted backstage their entire lives, I guess.

I don't see how putting on a leather jacket and a silly hat and doing an abstract art music video is supposed to be a financially motivated move that disregards artistic aspirations but alas.

Yikes. The tickets for this show are ridiculous. Passing on this one.

I would take this with a grain of salt. No doubt she will do more guest appearances at gigs and stuff, hell, they might even make an album together, but I can 100% guarantee that Lady Gaga will not become an actual member of Metallica.

Lady Gaga is way too big to become a "member" of Metallica. She's bigger than the band itself.

I would have no problem with that actually happening btw. Would be interesting to see. They've done an album with Lou Reed. Gaga has done an album with Tony Bennett. Out of the box projects aren't unfamiliar to either artist.

Back