METALLICA SURVIVOR 2016: Results - Fade to Black wins again

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also while I'm at it, Mechanix > The Four Horsemen
giphy.gif

Quite bold of Mustaine to throw Mechanix on the debut Megadeth album. A big fuck finger to Metallica and of course he wanted to prove his version was way more precise, furious and faster ie. thrashier. Which we all know is all that matters :p "I'm way more thrash than those guys!!"

For Whom the Bell Tolls is like Metallica's version of The Number of the Beast - it's a great song with great riffs and it's memorable as hell, but I'd be happy to never hear it again. I honestly think I've heard it more than Enter Sandman.

Also, I hate Mechanix. The tempo ruins the riffs, the lyrics are absolutely stupid. Four Horsemen is infinitely better.

When people have naive ideas about metal (don't understand it), big chance they have difficulty with liking it well (not a good mix).

So you're saying I'm naive about metal, don't understand metal and "have difficulty liking it well". Cool story.

I hope you have a good time "liking it well" buddy. I'll continue to like it "badly".

Last edited:
So you're saying I'm naive about metal, don't understand metal and "have difficulty liking it well". Cool story.

I hope you have a good time "liking it well" buddy. I'll continue to like it "badly".

Wasn't that comment aimed at me? Anyway, we got pretty far from Killing the Lightning, wouldn't you agree? :D

Just relistened to Ride The Lightning and it is miles and miles better than KEA. Even the lower tier songs are really pretty great. I truly enjoy Trapped Under Ice and especially Escape - which has chorus and bridge melodies unique to all of Metallica's catalog. The only bad thing about it is that James' voice was still too young to sell that bridge. Current James would kill it. They should bring this song back at gigs.

Ride, Bell, Fade, and Creeping are amazing tracks among the band's best.

Ktulu is good, but it's power has faded on me over the years. Still a solid instrumental, but a little too repetitive. The only truly mediocre song on the whole album is Fight Fire with Fire.

Well, I was right: he sounds really cool on the bridge. Unfortunately, not so much on the rest of the song. :D God, I miss Jason's backing vocals. If he had doubled that chorus it would have sounded amazing. Rob needs to step up his backup game.

To this day I've only seen Metallica once on Jan 5th, 2000 in Chicago. They played Trapped Under Ice for the first time in 16 years by special request of a close friend of the band suffering from some thing or another...anyway, it was amazing. All of the shouts, "Freezing!" and such, sounded incredible because it was the only time they ever played the song with Jason.

To this day I've only seen Metallica once on Jan 5th, 2000 in Chicago. They played Trapped Under Ice for the first time in 16 years by special request of a close friend of the band suffering from some thing or another...anyway, it was amazing. All of the shouts, "Freezing!" and such, sounded incredible because it was the only time they ever played the song with Jason.

First clip is from the rehearsal before the show and more info on the guy you're talking about....Second clip is bootleg audio from the show :)

Eliminated:
Jump in the Fire
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
No Remorse
Metal Militia
Escape

If we can cut three songs from Kill 'Em All, then Master of Puppets joins the game!

Back