METALLICA STUDIO ALBUM SURVIVOR RESULTS

Are you satisfied?

• One has the greatest solo of all time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Death Magnetic was mixed quite well

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has actual songs, far superior sound, and James' voice is much stronger.

While I agree with all three points, Hardwired really pales in comparison to Death Magnetic in terms of sheer creativity and amount of great musical ideas showcased. Death Magnetic didn't do a great job of executing the ideas it featured, but it featured so many of them that it's a considerably better record in my book.

I mean, just All Nightmare Long alone has multiple riffs that would be the best riff on Hardwired. The main riff to That Was Just Your Life, the second riff to Broken, Beat & Scarred, multiple riffs on The Day That Never Comes and All Nightmare Long, the chorus riff to Cyanide, the chorus riff to The Judas Kiss. Nothing as good as those on Hardwired.

While I agree with all three points, Hardwired really pales in comparison to Death Magnetic in terms of sheer creativity and amount of great musical ideas showcased. Death Magnetic didn't do a great job of executing the ideas it featured, but it featured so many of them that it's a considerably better record in my book.

I mean, just All Nightmare Long alone has multiple riffs that would be the best riff on Hardwired. The main riff to That Was Just Your Life, the second riff to Broken, Beat & Scarred, multiple riffs on The Day That Never Comes and All Nightmare Long, the chorus riff to Cyanide, the chorus riff to The Judas Kiss. Nothing as good as those on Hardwired.

And I 100% agree with all of that. However, in my opinion, songwriting is about songs and not individual pieces. I find most of DM incredibly stitched together, even when it's at its best.

Both albums are mediocre thrash, but still better than anything released in the 90s.

And I 100% agree with all of that. However, in my opinion, songwriting is about songs and not individual pieces. I find most of DM incredibly stitched together, even when it's at its best.
That's right. A collection of riffs doesn't make it a song. I tried to listen to Zare's link yesterday and nearly died of boredom after 15 minutes.
I doubt that they couldn't write real songs or anything, I believe it's on purpose, after all they had a lot of such experiments with different styles, but I deem this one failed. For me it goes into the same "can't listen to" category as St Anger

DT isn't everyone's cup of tea, I get that, but if you're suggesting that they don't have strong melodies you either

a) Have very limited familiarity with their output

or

b) Need to get your ears checked

Eliminated:
Reload

Results:

9. Reload
10. St. Anger

Eliminated:
Load

Results:
8. Load
9. Reload
10. St. Anger

Im down on TBA and I have not yet heard Hardwired. Cant vote KEA or DM but if I had a choice DM would be next to go.

After seeing how many people here are voting for Metallica (album) over Hardwired, I can only conclude that.
1. The musical generation gap around here is insurmountable.
2. You guys are deaf.

I think that Hardwired is really good, but it's nowhere near better than the Black Album, also DEATH MAGNETIC IS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME REALM OF QUALITY AS EITHER OF THEM.

Should have mentioned this earlier, if there is tie when the round is over, then we go to a coin toss.

Back